Can we have 11+ in Kent ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ikoles

Can we have 11+ in Kent ?

Post by ikoles »

Hello. Please, can anybody help with information. At this moment we live in Essex and all year trying to move to Kent. Today our chain again broke :( and I do not know what to do. We are preparing for 11+ all year . But can we have test still living in Essex? Or it is necessary to be Kent residents? (We are going to move in area between Canterbury and Dover). I do know that we must register our boy in June to take tests in September 2014, but have doubts that we will be able to move so fast. I will appreciate all information. And do apologize for my English as it is not my native language.
yoyo123

Re: Can we have 11+ in Kent ?

Post by yoyo123 »

I suggest that you contact KCC admissions and ask them, they are very helpful
ikoles

Post by ikoles »

yoyo123 wrote:I suggest that you contact KCC admissions and ask them, they are very helpful
Thank you very much.
salsa

Post by salsa »

yes, you definitely can. Where you live makes a difference depending on your child score. Some schools take the highest scorers, others have a catchment area as well as give places for high scorers. All you have to do is register your child on-line when the registration is open.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

There are 3 grammar schools in Canterbury 1 boys, 1 girls, 1 mixed. A boy's and a girl's grammar in Dover, and a boy's and a girl's in Folkestone

More information here
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... nt-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Depending where you are , you may consider Sandwich too

The grammars in East Kent are not so over subscribed.
ikoles

Post by ikoles »

yoyo123 wrote:There are 3 grammar schools in Canterbury 1 boys, 1 girls, 1 mixed. A boy's and a girl's grammar in Dover, and a boy's and a girl's in Folkestone

More information here
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... nt-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Depending where you are , you may consider Sandwich too

The grammars in East Kent are not so over subscribed.
We do try to move to Shepherdswell (extremely unlucky as two chain collapsed). So we going to be close to Dover and Sandwich and Canterbury. We are really working hard, but it looks like "somebody" against our move. At this moment we are in London (Essex part). I heard that there might be some changes in tests this year. But we are preparing all (Math, English, Verbal and Non-Verbal) subjects. I am in my last point , because of a lot of bullying at school I had to take boy from there and all year he is home educating. It is very hard and great pressure. So, I am dreaming when we can move, go to school, have tests.... But thank you for you link and advice.