Just in. Format details of new Kent test.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
UncleBob

Re: Just in. Format details of new Kent test.

Post by UncleBob »

mystery wrote:Thanks uncle bob. Why did kcc send it to primary heads? It is nothing to do with them is it other than they need to make some arrangements for accommodating the test.
I never said "primary" heads to be fair, but if they did only send to them I can see why for sure. They are the ones who are taking the test with the kids, they prepare them, they inform the parents etc. Makes sense to me
mystery

Post by mystery »

Primary schools should not prepare for the test. If the info is out why not give it to everyone at the same time? Some heads will tell parents, others will not. Also, it does not sound as though this announcement says scarcely anything more than we knew already really unless there is more in the full e-mail.
frangipani

Post by frangipani »

Well I think it's right for the Heads to know before parents and it has a huge amount to do with them! I would never expect to know something like that before the head of our school. Imagine if I had a question based on this and the head had no idea how to answer it! :shock:

And the school are probably expected to communicate these details to the parents, as not all parents have been bashing the kcc website daily in their desperation to know! :lol: :oops:

I don't think it will be long now before we hear confirmation of the details but we may not know any more than this. :(
UncleBob

Post by UncleBob »

mystery wrote:Primary schools should not prepare for the test. If the info is out why not give it to everyone at the same time? Some heads will tell parents, others will not. Also, it does not sound as though this announcement says scarcely anything more than we knew already really unless there is more in the full e-mail.
Mystery - your cynicism is not really needed. Of course children should be prepared! Would you like a bright child to bail on a test because they have never say in a hall for a test before? NFER tests at our kids schools are done under exam conditions in the hall too.

THe kids having a swimming gala tonight. They did a practise last week. Is that wrong as well? What about football training before a game, or netball practice?

The information we were given we would told would be given to everyone. So fear not. The point of sharing was to a) share with those that did not know or who's school do not share. And b) to see if others had been told the same.

Thats all.
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

frangipani wrote:Well I think it's right for the Heads to know before parents and it has a huge amount to do with them! I would never expect to know something like that before the head of our school. Imagine if I had a question based on this and the head had no idea how to answer it! :shock:

And the school are probably expected to communicate these details to the parents, as not all parents have been bashing the kcc website daily in their desperation to know! :lol: :oops:

I don't think it will be long now before we hear confirmation of the details but we may not know any more than this. :(
Good to know it's not just me who's been obsessively pressing the reload button on the KCC website, desperate for some news :P !

Whatever one thinks of KCCs handling of this whole process, I think UncleBob was at least providing some relief that things were happening - finally - and confirmation of the format and timings, which we didn't know before.
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

Thank you UncleBob.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Any idea as to scores? Do you think the two sections from each paper carry a minimum pass mark each or the two added together and so a score from paper 1 and a score from paper 2?
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

mystery wrote:Also, it does not sound as though this announcement says scarcely anything more than we knew already really unless there is more in the full e-mail.
We are slowly learning new things about the test and now just need to know the timings for the reasoning paper and how many questions per subject for all 4.. Almost there :D
UncleBob

Post by UncleBob »

scarlett wrote:Any idea as to scores? Do you think the two sections from each paper carry a minimum pass mark each or the two added together and so a score from paper 1 and a score from paper 2?
Two papers have scores of 69-141 each which are still standardised. Only difference is max will be 282 and not 423 as before.
frangipani

Post by frangipani »

fatbananas wrote:
frangipani wrote:Well I think it's right for the Heads to know before parents and it has a huge amount to do with them! I would never expect to know something like that before the head of our school. Imagine if I had a question based on this and the head had no idea how to answer it! :shock:

Good to know it's not just me who's been obsessively pressing the reload button on the KCC website, desperate for some news :P !

Whatever one thinks of KCCs handling of this whole process, I think UncleBob was at least providing some relief that things were happening - finally - and confirmation of the format and timings, which we didn't know before.

Yes, and it is very much appreciated. Thank you UncleBob :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now