vr

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Candy

vr

Post by Candy »

Hi all, just feeling confused! In Kent, do the VR tests contain maths? I downloaded a few tests from the tutors and they seem quite maths orientated.

I have also noticed that the Kent tests only contain 15 types of VR questions. Therefore do we need to revise only these types to give them the best chance?

ANy help much appreciated!
perplexed

vr in kent

Post by perplexed »

Best thing is to look at the NFER practice papers available from this website. These should show the types of questions used in Kent Maths, NVR and VR. NFER set the Kent papers, and it is these papers that the Kent CC website recommends looking at for practice purposes.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Candy

If you look at The Tutors Verbal Reasoning CD1 Demo, the first fifteen question types are the types you need to work on for Kent. There is a set of twelve, 15 question type papers in the elevenplusexams.co.uk archive written by The Tutors that may be available if you contact elevenplusexams.co.uk directly.

Regards

Mike
French mum

math in VR test

Post by French mum »

Yes it seems strange but true. There are 6 or 7 questions (out of 85) related more to math than VR in this test. For example, you have 2, 4, 6, 8, what is the next number ? (this kind of questions).

I've been told that the best practice papers to get are the nferNelson multiple choice for the Kent test. There are 4 tests per folder. Each folder costs £9.99 but you can get it cheaper ******** If I can give you an advice, photocopy the tests to re-use them 4 weeks later. The child won't remember that he did it before !

After I correct my son's test, I go through with him on all his mistakes until he understands them. I also ask his teacher to help. I've been told that the child must reach 84% on all subject to pass.

Good luck !
[/u]
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I have sent an e mail to elevenplusexams about teh 15 question type papwers mike, but so far haven't had a reply
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear YoYo123

Sometimes a PM is more efficient in getting a message to Lee [owner of website and Forumadmin]

Patricia

Post by Guest »

French Mum
I suggest that you look at the Judd school website. Find the links at the bottom of the prospectus page. There you will find a letter giving actual pass marks in recent years. They are closer to 50%. As they vary from paper to paper and from year to year (and according to age) anyone who says you need exactly 84% in each has clearly got hold of the wrong end of the stick.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Thanks Patricia, I'll try that

Judd

Post by Guest »

I was at the Judd open day this week and was told by one of the teachers that "most" of the successful entrants scored 140/140 in the 11+ but this only equated to approximately a 70% raw score in the 11+ papers.

At Skinners yesterday they handed out a piece of paper saying that the lowest successful aggregate score last year was 404/420.

Andrew
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now