Where do you sit the Kent Test if you are out of area?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ToadMum

Re: Where do you sit the Kent Test if you are out of area?

Post by ToadMum »

starfish1 wrote:What's OOC?
Thanks
'Out of Catchment'. Usually applies to individual schools but can also refer to whole areas e.g. in terms of taking the 11+, although not really the concept applied in Kent, it would seem. In terms of individual schools, it obviously doesn't apply to super-selectives.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
smartiang

Post by smartiang »

Hi,

I will be moving to Orpington area very soon. Can my son apply to Kent grammar schools? Orpington falls under Kent county. Will he come under catchment of Kent grammar schools? Will he get better preference compare to someone staying in Harrow and applying for Kent grammar schools? Do any of kent grammar schools consider Orpington area in their catchment?

I know he can apply for St. Olave but that does not have catchment hence he will not get benefit of staying in Orpington.

Apologies if this has been already posted in other forum. I could not find anything specific for Kids staying in Orpington area.

Thx,
A

We try to keep the forum as safe as possible - we don't allow tutors to be openly recommended, because it attracts posts with fake recommendations ('dodgy' advertising solely designed to solicit business on the internet).
It is also not unknown for unscrupulous competitors to 'plant' posts seeking to denigrate the opposition!

Genuine recommendations from forum members by PM only (private message) are permitted - but be aware of the possibility that someone who appears to be a 'helpful parent' offering advice may not be all they seem! There could be an ulterior motive.

Always treat recommendations from unknown persons with great caution.
However, we have many long standing members (check carefully the date of joining and number of posts) who make a very valuable contribution to the forum. If you receive a private recommendation from one of them, it could be worth considering.

Please let us know if you think anyone is abusing the system by soliciting for business or 'spamming'.
It's easy to report a possible problem - just click on the red exclamation mark that appears with every post and PM: Image

Mehere

Post by Mehere »

Orpington is in Bromley not Kent as far as schools are concerned. The only grammars are Olaves (boys) and Newstead (Girls), both super selectives.

Orpington is close to the borders of Bexley and Kent so you will find that many children in Orpington sit the Kent, Bexley and Olaves/Newstead test.

You will need to look at admission arrangements for the individual schools as they all differ e.g. some require high scores and some are on distance (which varies each year and may or may not stretch to Orpington). I know of Orpington children with Kent passes who didn't get into Wilmington (boys and girls) last year. You also need to look at how you would travel to the schools as some have coaches with certain pick up points e.g. Dartford and others you can get to by train e.g. Tonbridge schools (Judd for boys). Bexley schools would probably be a bus. Depending on where you live in Orpington, it can make journeys to certain schools easier than others.
smartiang

Post by smartiang »

Hi, Thanks a lot for detailed reply.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now