11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ANGELS

2007 KENT TEST

Post by ANGELS »

DOSE ANY ONE KNOW THE DATES FOR KENT TEST FOR CURRENT YEAR 5
chellybotti

test date

Post by chellybotti »

Although I do not know the exact date, my son informs me that it is sometime in January 2007.

Post by Guest »

KCC inform me that the dates are January 9 and 10 2007.
michelle

kent test

Post by michelle »

hi my names michelle my son has just gone up to yr 6,and they have already got the kent test in mind they are advising parents to buy the kent test papers<likeness> so the children can practice.They do the test around may/june time i think.and its now optional.[/b][/u]
Kent Mum

Post by Kent Mum »

The 11+ dates are in January- and it was always optional.
Are you maybe thinking of another test (SATS ?- although that's not optional), Michelle?
The Kent test would be far too late in May or June, as places for schools are allocated before then- we receive the details of places on the 1st of March- then the appeals start after that.
Of course I'm out of my mind! It's dark and scary in there!!!!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Yes kent test (as in 11+) is in January this year. Not sure about next years test. It is taken in year 6.

Are you thinking of teh QCA tests (often called "mini sats" in school)?

They are optional, but that refers to whether or not teh SCHOOL decided to do them rather than the individual pupils. There is nop fixed date forthem but they are usually done around teh time of teh actual Sats tests for y6, i.e. May.

Most schools I know do them, they are a useful indicator of how the child is progressing and , as they are in teh same format as sats, mean that the children become familiar with the format of SATs papers. They are marked internally unlike the y6 tests.
bexley 2

Post by bexley 2 »

If your child is sitting Bexley test do you have to apply separately to take kent test as well?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I keep forgetting you lot at the top left hand bit!!
The dates for the Kent test were for the South East bit.
Peter

Post by Peter »

The Kent tests for the current Year 5, i.e. Entry in September 2009, are likely to be at very different dates. KCC are currently consulting on test results being made available before decisions are made. The betting is that this will be approved, with testing in September 2008, accompanied by an increase in the number of schools on the form increased to Four.

Post by Guest »

Peter,If this is true ,when will the KCC education department decide to tell parents and issue the admission booklet?Will the papers be adjusted to reflect that virtually all the candidates will be under 11 and will have had one term less of education?
I believe that if this is to be introduced then we should have had two years warning of this ,not less than 12 months!!
A lot of parents are going to be very upset about this if KCC hastily introduce it for the 2009 entry.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now