Maths in the 2014 test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
scarlett

Re: Maths in the 2014 test

Post by scarlett »

Wilted , hmm sounds like we might be in a similar area. It is worse when you already have two sorted at good schools. You don't know yet whether your dd has actually failed. My last two experiences have taught me to just ignore what your child says about the test ( she might have thought aargh with the first 3 questions but still got them right !..it might have made her more focused then complacent ) and to definitely ignore what the children say about books missing etc. My ds2 told me that his head was looking at his last few maths tests and commented to him how his marks had improved as she was writing them down. I was positive he was having an appeal, but he didn't and passed by himself. My dd told me her maths book was missing and then came back with marks on it. It turned out to be her class teacher looking at her working outs whilst she marked it :roll: We are really good at winding ourselves up !

If my dd doesn't pass then just ignore my advice :D
mystery

Post by mystery »

I'm glad that turned out to be a false alarm! Did the teacher stick a few red herrings in the book while she was at it?
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

:lol: I think dd is worse then me when it comes to over analysing. We had that story, then how her teacher apparently gives her special smiles as if she is excited ( which I'm sure she doesn't ) then the head was smiling at her at lunchtime ( probably because she had food in her hair or something ) and the best one was over hearing the teacher and head discuss a boy wasn't capable. That translates to the poor boy who also took the test, obviously not passing.