For TN13/14 parents of boys - Trinity or TWBGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Guest55

Re: For TN13/14 parents of boys - Trinity or TWBGS

Post by Guest55 »

Any HMI report would be published on the Ofsted website so this does not sound right to me ....
mystery

Post by mystery »

Well it was whatever new academies have - I don't think they are entirely left alone anymore until their first full-blown OFSTED. Maybe it's the data being looked at - I don't know - wasn't really listening completely either. This is their second year of operation. They do moderation with a group of schools including the grammar many miles away from them which might ultimately have an annex right next door to them.
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

doodles wrote:Can't be bothered to argue unclebob your opinion is just that, your opinion, and it is not necessarily that of others nor the truth.
Here here doodles well said :)

DS1 at twgsb and loves it! Doing really well and being stretched. In fact couldn't be happier and would highly recommend :D
doodles

Post by doodles »

Thankyou villagedad. Glad to hear that DS1 is doing well and the good news for your other dc today - well done.
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

doodles wrote:Truly don't know what he means as "lemon" grammar :?
I don't care as we are happy with twgsb or lemon grammar as he puts it!

Well done to all DCs today, credit to their parents :)
frangipani

Post by frangipani »

Scarlett, how did results go for your dd?
The Thirdman

Post by The Thirdman »

Lemon grammar?
My son was two points off of Skinners and, to cut a long story short, was very "lucky" to get into TWGSB even though his score was a mile past the post. This was primarily due to where we live.
Usual "postcode and birth-rate lottery" nonsense when 11plus time comes around for around here.
I have often thought I had seen smoking school kids by the school, but usually turns out to be other boys who get on/off the bus by TWGSB. No names mentioned.

"Lemon Grammars" do exist of course, as do " Lemon posters".
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I did wonder that Mystery...you did say you were going to match the smart lady from Sussex who had a baby at 60...we will be awaiting your good news :D

My DD passed Frangipani..all that stress for nothing! It's difficult to keep track on results day because people are posting every few seconds.
frangipani

Post by frangipani »

Scarlett, that's wonderful news! Glad to hear that. I must have missed your post somehow, they were all over the place this year! Same here, stress for nothing but it seems like that's been what most on here have experienced. We just can't help ourselves!
Moderators

Post by Moderators »

We have been receiving complaints about this thread, and a number of posts have been removed.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now