Pass mark

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
frangipani

Re: Pass mark

Post by frangipani »

Essex2Kent wrote:Thank you. You'd hope this meant judd etc would take say 390 plus but alas they will still take the top 150 boys so rob ably still 420 ish.
Yes I was hoping this. However, I'm not sure my DS is in the running for Judd anymore...

Events Yesterday (regarding school books) have changed everything for me and I'm starting to prepare for the possibility of bad news next week, just in case.
This would be a shock, as nobody who knows my DS (including myself) would expect bad news, but I don't think anyone can afford to be confident this year. I don't know what to think or feel about this anymore. I'm just numb...

Please can somebody take their finger off pause and fast forward to next week!
Kentishmaid

Post by Kentishmaid »

Don't panic if your books were taken in - some schools take all the books so the children don't guess. And some schools pick this week to do moderating or other inconvenient and unrelated things!
Essex2Kent

Post by Essex2Kent »

frangipani wrote:
Essex2Kent wrote:Thank you. You'd hope this meant judd etc would take say 390 plus but alas they will still take the top 150 boys so rob ably still 420 ish.
Yes I was hoping this. However, I'm not sure my DS is in the running for Judd anymore...

Events Yesterday (regarding school books) have changed everything for me and I'm starting to prepare for the possibility of bad news next week, just in case.
This would be a shock, as nobody who knows my DS (including myself) would expect bad news, but I don't think anyone can afford to be confident this year. I don't know what to think or feel about this anymore. I'm just numb...

Please can somebody take their finger off pause and fast forward to next week!
For us it's the unknown. Just hope it works out for everyone
Mumof2boyskent

Post by Mumof2boyskent »

kellyw3 wrote:At an open evening tonight our local grammar HT announced that the scoring is as follows:

Maximum score of 420, being 140 for 3 sections, English, Maths and Reasoning. Children must score 320 to pass with a minimum per section of 106........
In some respects, if your DC gets over 400, then you can be very proud and maybe hopeful for Superselective? I don't think it's possible to keep any more parts of my body crossed!

This time next week - good luck all!
amfnc

Post by amfnc »

sorry if I'm being a bit dim, but if the minimum score for each section is 106, does this mean that the % passmark is lower, say mid-40's?
DaddyOh

Post by DaddyOh »

amfnc wrote:sorry if I'm being a bit dim, but if the minimum score for each section is 106, does this mean that the % passmark is lower, say mid-40's?

I read on another site that that is the most likely scenario but they said it could also be that they changed the standardisation process instead (although they thought that less likely).

DaddyOh
kellyw3

Post by kellyw3 »

Omg, I'm generally more of a reader of comments than poster, only put this up as I'd seen people asking the question. So I headed over to the mumsnet forum for a nose and found people are really having a pop at each other, surely people should be supporting each other in this stressful time???? Roll on next Wednesday!!