Judd with 404?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
antsymum

Re: Judd with 404?

Post by antsymum »

In response to request to post results, my dd got 418, 139 maths, 138 English, 141 reasoning. I am thinking anything over 400 would get into a superselective this year, maybe even less as all round results seem much lower than expected. dd strongest area is maths so not to get full marks for that was a surprise...
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

If you look at the council's kent test page, under 'what does your score mean?', it explains that maths and reasoning scores run from 69 to 141, but English is from 69 to 138, so the total score is 420, not 423 as it was last year.
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
relaxedMum77

Post by relaxedMum77 »

antsymum wrote:In response to request to post results, my dd got 418, 139 maths, 138 English, 141 reasoning. I am thinking anything over 400 would get into a superselective this year, maybe even less as all round results seem much lower than expected. dd strongest area is maths so not to get full marks for that was a surprise...
Fantastic results!!!!! Well done to your dd!!!!
DaddyOh

Post by DaddyOh »

Peter wrote:... I have indeed assumed the first moment is zero ...
I assume that was a typo - the article said 100

The heads have talked about the maths being very hard and all the scores dropping which may suggest the first moment has changed rather than the second. It may be that we get a bit of change in both. It's a shame it not clear as it is important to parents looking for superselectives. Hopefully the data will clarify the situation before we need to put our SCAF in.

DaddyOh
Peter

Post by Peter »

With regard to superselectives, the view of Judd and Skinners is quite clear. If you have passed reasonably well have a go. Kent parents have four choices so what is there to lose!
Essex2Kent

Post by Essex2Kent »

No one in county got full marks. Just goes to show there was an advantage taking it three days later. !! B
antsymum

Post by antsymum »

how do we know no-one in county got full marks? I may be being stupid, but how can they have a full mark if a decent percentage did not get over that mark? I thought the standardisation process sorted this type of thing out?
klmh1968

Post by klmh1968 »

Essex2Kent wrote:No one in county got full marks. Just goes to show there was an advantage taking it three days later. !! B

I actually find that comment really offensive, whether it was a joke or not it doesn't matter! How could children who sat the test 3 days later have an unfair advantage? do you really think that they managed to get hold of a paper or were told the questions by other children? FYI my DC attends an East Sussex school but we live in Kent. Fortunately the East Sussex parents don't seem to have an issue with her attending the school. What a shame the Kent parents couldn't be the same to East Sussex Children. This forum is supposed to be supportive and helpful to other parents, i'm afraid to say with some of the comments posted this appears to not be the case.
PurpleDog

Post by PurpleDog »

klmh1968 wrote:
Essex2Kent wrote:No one in county got full marks. Just goes to show there was an advantage taking it three days later. !! B

I actually find that comment really offensive, whether it was a joke or not it doesn't matter! How could children who sat the test 3 days later have an unfair advantage? do you really think that they managed to get hold of a paper or were told the questions by other children? FYI my DC attends an East Sussex school but we live in Kent. Fortunately the East Sussex parents don't seem to have an issue with her attending the school. What a shame the Kent parents couldn't be the same to East Sussex Children. This forum is supposed to be supportive and helpful to other parents, i'm afraid to say with some of the comments posted this appears to not be the case.
Well said! Anyone who achieves maximum scores should be celebrated as they have clearly worked hard and are extremely able. Any suggestion that they have somehow gained an unfair advantage is an insult to them.
relaxedMum77

Post by relaxedMum77 »

klmh1968 wrote:

errrrr... "Kent Parents"...please do not be prejudice against every parent in Kent when commenting on a post by individual... as i have now taken offence "just saying" :cry: