2 days left for Results to be announced - anyone nervous!!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

worriedmum76

2 days left for Results to be announced - anyone nervous!!!!

Post by worriedmum76 »

I am trying to keep calm and get on with routine life, but thinking about the moment I get the email. ANy tips to remain calm? WOuld any other region have had their results out?
scarlett

Re: 2 days left for Results to be announced - anyone nervous

Post by scarlett »

I feel ok and then the feelings sweep over me and I feel sick again. I've been through this twice before and as results day goes on you do feel like you might lose all feelings in your legs, but then once that email arrives you just want to open it as quickly as possible and end your suffering. You feel surprisingly calm at that point. I'm dreading bad news for my dd as both her brothers and all her cousins are at grammar. She doesn't seem too bothered , at the moment at least.

I recommend not checking and rechecking your emails in the afternoon , just look at 4.15 . I did that last time and it was so much less stressful then the first time when I was clamped to the computer for 2 hours refreshing in a frenzy.
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

scarlett wrote:I recommend not checking and rechecking your emails in the afternoon , just look at 4.15 . I did that last time and it was so much less stressful then the first time when I was clamped to the computer for 2 hours refreshing in a frenzy.
Don't forget results too will be posted on the KCC 11+ online registration website after 5pm..

This is the place were we all originally registered our DC's and is the best place to find results if you haven't received an email by then.., you just need your log-on details. I found DS1's results here 2 years ago and the email didn't come until after 7pm.
dpla2428

Post by dpla2428 »

Does anyone know if either the email or the website will have score details, or will it literally be pass/fail, and we have to wait yet another day to get detail from headteacher?
relaxedMum77

Post by relaxedMum77 »

dpla2428 wrote:Does anyone know if either the email or the website will have score details, or will it literally be pass/fail, and we have to wait yet another day to get detail from headteacher?
I believe we are just told pass/fail. Our HT has told parents we can go and see him Friday morning if we want actual scores. I'm really nervous...and didn't think i would be! It makes it worse that close friends and family keep saying my DS will be fine and they think he will pass! This just feels like more pressure... and a bigger disappointment to deal with should it not be a positive outcome Wednesday!! :( I keep imagining everyone saying "oh, i thought he would,...."!! Roll on Wednesday...wishing everyone lots of luck and a positive result x
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I'm imagining different conversations too ! My friends and family keep cutting me dead and telling me not to be ridiculous when I say I'm worried, but that could be to stop me going on and on about it. This week will be the worse and then I think it will just fade into the usual.
Mumof2boyskent

Post by Mumof2boyskent »

Trying to keep busy here, I just wish we could get all the info on Wednesday, we too have to wait until Friday for scores!

I seem to be snacking a lot - don't think I can blame DS for any weight gain this week, he has enough on his plate (pardon the pun!)

As they say in a Harry Potter "it's gonna be a bumpy ride!"
NellytheElephant

Post by NellytheElephant »

I went through a worried phase just after DD sat the test and am now starting to feel queasy as results day approaches. I'm dreading opening the e-mail and have been trying to manage DDs expectations down this last week or so. We've been looking at all options with schools but she does have her heart set on a grammar. Our family is also predicting she will pass but I believe they're saying this to make me feel better! I think with the changes this year and the maths paper as it was I feel we're completely up in the air. I'm unsure too if her school would appeal if it got to HT appeal. I know all the books from her class disappeared. I'm even considering opening the e-mail before showing DD so I can compose myself if it's bad news :(
frangipani

Post by frangipani »

Without a doubt this is the most horrendous wait i have ever had to endure and this is my fourth and final 11+ DC!
I should be able to breeze through without a care by now, but that could not be further from how I feel. Dc4's ability in my opinion is leagues above his two GS sisters, but this is what makes it so difficult for me to bear. The unpredictability of this new test scares me. I have no confidence in it.
The thought of him being let down by the system and not passing when I (and his teachers) know he should makes me so angry. And people saying he will do well wherever he goes, annoys me , they obviously do not know my Ds as well as they think they do.
He will be absolutely devastated if he does not pass. I will be devastated for him.
It was easier 3 years ago with DD, as she was borderline so I felt no pressure and that a pass would be a bonus. But this time I feel like Ds would have been robbed if he does not pass. It feels so much worse to have a DC they say is a "dead cert" because that's extra pressure and actually there is no such thing anymore (if there ever was).
I feel physically sick every time I think of the results email and have an almost constant nauseous feeling that increases with every wave of anxiety that regularly flows over me. I have not slept properly for weeks and cannot focus on anything as i cannot take my mind off it no matter how hard I try. Seriously, I have never felt so anxious in my entire life!!
Wednesday afternoon cannot come soon enough...

Good luck to everyone waiting for results. I hope your dc's get the results they deserve and have worked so hard for :D
mystery

Post by mystery »

Wishing us all good luck on Wednesday. Why are some of us having to wait until Friday for scores? Mine is a Kent state primary and they say they were told by KCC admissions that it's Friday.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now