Barton court or Chatham House?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sammi14

Barton court or Chatham House?

Post by Sammi14 »

We went to 3 grammar schools open morning these few days. DS is not sporty and he only prefer mix school. He loves QE a lot so it will be our 1st choice.
We are confusing to choose between BC and CH now. Although DS likes CC more (even he doesn't care boys and girls will have separate lessons in 3 years time), it is far away from home.
BC is more closer from home however we don't get much positive points to put BC as 2nd choice. (We only managed to walk round about 20mins.)
I would like to have any advices/comments about BC and CH please?
Thank you
JLT

Re: Barton court or Chatham House?

Post by JLT »

DS is at BC and DD will join him next year. We have found it to be a lovely, friendly supportive school. Depending on where you live, you may struggle to get in QE
Sammi14

Post by Sammi14 »

Hi JLT, thanks for your reply. We live in Whitstable. As I know BC and QE are favourite choices in our area. I think we will have less chance to get in QE.
DS is a quiet boy and doesn't fancy any sports. We think a small secondary school with learning/care supportive is good for him.
JLT

Post by JLT »

We're Herne Bay, personally don't like single sex schools and journey to train station isn't great from our house so BC was only real option for DS. He found move to secondary school quite hard as he is a sensitive soul and BC pastoral care was amazing. We also really liked QE and from Whitstable you may be okay- good luck
Sammi14

Post by Sammi14 »

We don't like single sex schools and ds is strongly dislikes them as well. We like the idea of CH become a co-ed school. But when we went to the open evening, we found out that boys and girls will be taught separately. Even when they are in Year 10 and 11, all the main subjects lessons will be taught separately. :?
As I know BC is a language school, we are worrying if ds could cope with it. Coz he is more confidence on Maths and Science.
JLT

Post by JLT »

DS isn't great with languages but enjoyed doing French and Spanish in years 7 & 8. He is now just doing French for GCSE-there was no pressure to take two languages for GCSE. Personally, we are really pleased with the school, have friends with children at CH who are also really pleased with there as well. If your son gets QE or BC, you won't go far wrong
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now