Has anyone received in/out county data for Kent Test?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scarlett

Re: Has anyone received in/out county data for Kent Test?

Post by scarlett »

Sorry, am I being a bit dim but I don't understand the data...what does the series of letters mean at the top , it all looks like a verbal reasoning question.
frangipani

Post by frangipani »

I think what you might be referring to are the excel column labels. Ck, ch... That kind of thing? They don't mean anything regarding the data. If you want the row of scores to float instead then go onto view - freeze panes - freeze top row. I think that's correct.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Sorry still being dim....what do I press for view? And then what do you mean by freeze panes???
frangipani

Post by frangipani »

Will pm you
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Thank you :D
Mumof2boyskent

Post by Mumof2boyskent »

fatbananas wrote:
mystery wrote:I think if they were going to do this, it would have been better earlier and more highly publicised. I am not sure if enough people are going to read it in time to see that they could have applied for a particular superselective when they may have thought it not worth trying.

If fewer people apply to superselectives this year because fewer people understand the scoring system because of the changes, then the superselectives will become less superselective ....... Or maybe this was the intention behind the change in scoring?
That is already the case with Simon Langton and Maidstone boys, who kept on their admissions criteria the need to get over 385 and 390 respectively, and have to stick with that. This year, boys with that score will likely go to Judd or Skinners, and the spaces in langton and Maidstone will be taken by distance criteria children.
I have just looked at the KCC booklet, under the criteria for Maidstone Boys it says the following:

2. Children resident in one of the parishes listed below, achieving at least 93% of the overall Kent test score* (which currently equates to a combined score of 390 or more), in order of (a) siblings and (b) those living the shortest distance from the school.

*This percentage score is to accommodate the unknown changes to the Kent Test scoring. Once the new Kent Test scoring is known, MGS will revert to an equivalent combined score criteria.
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

Ah, ok, I was misinformed. Ive just looked at the Langton admissions page and they don't mention a percentage, just 385 and above, and within 9 miles.
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
frangipani

Post by frangipani »

FB

What mumof2boyskent is referring to is MGS' admission criteria not SL's. Which remains the same because the scores did not change from previous years.

For any that might be confused by this, these two schools will be taking the majority of boys on 320+ based on distance. As there are only a handful of boys scoring 390+ Or 385+ in their respective areas their top score criteria is going to become virtually redundant this year. This is good news for most people but unfortunately not those who live further away from these schools unless they are one of the few top scorers.
Obviously the usual looked after and siblings will take priority but after those, it's basically down to distance. Please don't be out off applying though, because there's no telling how far out they will go. There might be less boy passes than usual in these areas resulting in a wider catchment. Who knows!
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

frangipani wrote:FB

What mumof2boyskent is referring to is MGS' admission criteria not SL's. Which remains the same because the scores did not change from previous years
I know - that is what I was clarifying! But, clearly, not very well :lol:
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
frangipani

Post by frangipani »

Oops sorry, yes I can see that now :oops:

I was bleary eyed, pre- coffee on a Sunday morning, so I have a good excuse :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now