High scorers' school preference's.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
frangipani

High scorers' school preference's.

Post by frangipani »

How do people feel about the idea of high scorers (let's say around 380+) offering some of their school preferences in this thread?

I thought it might give everyone (particularly those hoping for a superselective) an idea of the different schools high scoring DC's are aiming for. No scores, or it might turn into a brag fest :shock: Just the first and maybe second choice school, and whether the DC is Male/Female, in county/out of county.

Obviously it could have its pitfalls, say if mostly just Togs and Judd hopefuls respond, for instance.
But if we get a good variety of responses it could be helpful for many parents' peace of mind.

I don't mind starting the ball rolling with ours, but I am just looking for opinions on the idea for now.
Ladymuck

Re: High scorers' school preference's.

Post by Ladymuck »

I'm not sure that it will give you particularly useful information will it?

Three boys from our school all scored 416+ last year. I know of a boy this year with a 380+ score at the same school this year. We are all ooc. Out of these 4 children no one put Judd higher than 4th place (and Skinners 5th). Two have/had independents are first choice, 2 went to one of the Sutton Grammars. Kent test was a "back-up".
frangipani

Post by frangipani »

Yes, I see what you mean. The idea was more about peace of mind than definitive information as there seems to be much scaremongering going on this year. I'm not overly concerned about my own DS because he seems pretty safe but I know many others are concerned.
Thinking about it, I see there could be many pitfalls. For instance, I know in kent the majority of DC's get their first or second choice school, but I suppose OOC's have more options for a good reason and could very well get a school quite far down their list. We wouldn't really want people offering their full list of choices, as that could reduce the anonymity of the exercise.

Didn't really think this one through did I! :oops:
Colmans

Post by Colmans »

Its a waste of time. The sample data will be so small it will be meaningless.