Bradbourne School, Sevenoaks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
thehorder

Bradbourne School, Sevenoaks

Post by thehorder »

We viewed this school last week, my daughter loved it, as did my husband and I, based on atmosphere, girls etc. Not so sure about the academic side, we are looking for a school to put down as a back up if she doesn't get into grammar. Thought we had found it until we looked at their ofsted. Anyone got any ideas about this school. Or another good non selective school, we live Swanley on the borders of Bexley and Bromley (so have looked at Beaverwood) Would appreciate comments, official or otherwise.

I find the unequal opportunities we have compared to Bexley and Bromley Boroughs very unfair.... they have six choices and we have three, in my position this makes choices so difficult, same old, same old, I know this has been moaned about on this site many times, if only I knew if she had passed the 11+ or not then would not have to waste one of my valuable choices.

Post by Guest »

Have you checked whether this school was oversubscribed last year? They apparently give priority to candidates from within the local scheme of education, which presumably doesn't include Swanley. Not a problem if they have spaces but perhaps not a good "safety" choice otherwise.

school

Post by Guest »

dont know much about the school, but know of three girls who have gone there over the past 2 years, and so far the parents are pleased. I understand that they are not oversubscribed, and take from quite a distance. You can forget beaverwood or bullerswood, great schools, but you have to be within 1- 2 miles, going on the last two years - good luck
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now