Kent Test 2015 results by school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
chimera-ma

Kent Test 2015 results by school

Post by chimera-ma »

There is a spreadsheet available, in response to an FOI request (not by me - thanks to whoever went to the trouble!), showing the distribution of standardised aggregate scores between 320 and the maximum possible, broken down by school. The schools are grouped by district and the table shows boys and girls separately.

Here is the link:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-729117

(Ignore the 'Awaiting Classification' notice; and scroll down to the 5 November response from KCC for the downloadable spreadsheet.)

I assume the scores also include those of children who achieved 320 or more in aggregate but who did not achieve the minimum 106 'pass' score in all three elements of the Test.
mystery

Re: Kent Test 2015 results by school

Post by mystery »

Yes, that's what I think too. It's a pity that Kent didn't point that out to the questioner and send them the data with and without the non-qualifiers with scores of 320 and above. FOI is there to help the public not for a game of "ask a silly question get a silly answer."
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

Thanks for posting this chimera-ma. Very interesting to see the results in both my DS's school and the neighbouring ones.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Not really as helpful as the one that Kent volunteer each year on test results day and has separate tabs for all scores, deemed selective or not selective: http://www.kent.gov.uk/__data/assets/ex ... scores.xls" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - if you look at this on a mobile you won't always see the additional tabs.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Are these post-review figures? I can understand how you can get a 'high school' assessment with an overall score of 360+, but a 'grammar' assessment with 207?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mystery

Post by mystery »

Lol! It does sound strange but I guess something like being ill part way through the test could result in something like that ---- surprising it doesn't happen more often really.

Yes, these will be post headteacher review.
chimera-ma

Post by chimera-ma »

PettswoodFiona wrote:Not really as helpful as the one that Kent volunteer each year on test results day and has separate tabs for all scores, deemed selective or not selective: http://www.kent.gov.uk/__data/assets/ex ... scores.xls" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - if you look at this on a mobile you won't always see the additional tabs.
Yes, I don't see why KCC can't provide the same differentiated format for the 'by school' data. Echoing Mystery's comment, you'd think it would save administrative time responding more fully to the first relevant FOI request, or, if that is precluded by FOI rules, posting fuller information at the same time on the KCC website to obviate the need for follow-up requests and the time needing to be spent dealing with them piecemeal.

Mumsdarling2: Glad you found the information interesting. I wish I'd had something similar when considering what choice of local primary school for DS all those years ago, don't you?
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

Yes chimera-ma. The results from the local primary schools surprised me. All these years I was under the impression that the neighbouring schools produced outstanding 11+ results and that DS's school didn't. One of the local primaries was even rumoured to prepare DC's for 11+. I had wanted a place for DS in one of these schools but we were not in the catchment. The spreadsheet now tells a very different story.