regarding kent admission for 2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

irf13

regarding kent admission for 2017

Post by irf13 »

Hi

My son is schooling in london and planning to write the 11 plus next year september as the kent grammar schools look for distance I am thinking of moving out...to tunbridgewells aiming the skinners school and Judd school and few other grammar schools around. How soon should I move out if I am thinking to move out ,as I have some limitations with my work can my son write the exams in london and move out when we do the selection for secondary school Will there be enough time to do it? will the council accept the tunbridge address as my permanent address? or will it still consider my london address as the primary address? please guide me through as I have to make a balanced decision between work and schools.

Many thanks
tiffinboys

Re: regarding kent admission for 2017

Post by tiffinboys »

This should be a question raised in Kent region.

However, my guess is you would need to be near Kent School before CAF submission.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I will move this to Kent section
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

You register for the tests in the summer prior to their entry. So June 2016. I don't know what the procedure is for notifying of address changes and if there is a cut off for this. Be careful that you have good alternatives as whilst the Kent Grammars are great some of the Secondary Moderns are not so good. We live in an area which has three grammar catchments (Bexley, some of Kent and Bromley), plus good alternatives of those don't work out. Judd and Skinners are very highly sought after which is probably why you are considering the move of course!