When can we discuss tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Maddiebean

Re: When can we discuss tests

Post by Maddiebean »

I emailed Kent last week:

Hi

Please could you confirm to me when the last date will be on which a pupil is taking the Kent test. This is so that parents may discuss the test on a public forum. Clearly this would be inappropriate until the last candidate has sat the test.

Many thanks.

Reply was as follows:

Children will be tested for admission to Year 7 throughout the year.

Kind regards

I did email back and ask for clarification but didn't receive any reply. Hopefully they will be a lot more helpful on the phone! Let us know what they say. FWIW I've heard loads of chat about the test from other parents at school so it's not as if no-one is speaking about it and while the mods are quite right to keep a close eye on the forums' contents, from Kent's point of view, very late takers MUST have heard bits and pieces from other parents. ............... [Edited by moderator]

Many thanks for kindly sharing your email.

Parental and playground gossip is one thing. We know that such reports will be a mixture of the reliable and the unreliable. Putting information on the internet is a very different matter, not only because it is more permanent, but because the ensuing discussion can point to which reports are accurate.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

The only reason I can think for being a very late taker is because you will have moved into the county/country. Therefore it is highly unlikely that the playground gossip would be of any help. As this forum can be accessed worldwide it needs to be very careful in the information it gives out.

However in regards to incounty late sitters who were ill etc peiple should be very wary about giving away too much information. Not sure how Kent works but if it does on scores in some areas then that late sitter getting one or two extra marks due to playground chat can make a significant difference to end result.
Last1973

Post by Last1973 »

Hi
I've been told they use test up until December 2016!
susanass

Post by susanass »

Last1973 wrote:Hi
I've been told they use test up until December 2016!
I don't know about anyone else, but I find this highly unfair! (unless the child is sick of course, then not much can be done) 1 or 2 points could mean a pass for a child when we are dealing with tests ............. [Edited by moderator]

Don't mean to sound mean, but anyone out of county have the option to sit their dc's for their own tests in their own county as we all have, and if they don't pass, they can just move to Kent and sit the test here whenever it suits and get a second bite at the cherry, AND with potential tips from leaks! They can also get to meet the mums before their dc sits the tests and there are always mums who talk! I really think they should review the system in my personal opinion. Doesn't do to live in Kent to be honest, does it! :(
chimneys

Post by chimneys »

Tolstoy wrote:The only reason I can think for being a very late taker is because you will have moved into the county/country. Therefore it is highly unlikely that the playground gossip would be of any help. As this forum can be accessed worldwide it needs to be very careful in the information it gives out.

However in regards to incounty late sitters who were ill etc peiple should be very wary about giving away too much information. Not sure how Kent works but if it does on scores in some areas then that late sitter getting one or two extra marks due to playground chat can make a significant difference to end result.
Agreed, and incredible that on this very page 2 posters have given a clue to the test, one of which in the same paragraph agrees the mods need to keep an eye out.

Astonishing!!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

chimneys wrote:
Tolstoy wrote:The only reason I can think for being a very late taker is because you will have moved into the county/country. Therefore it is highly unlikely that the playground gossip would be of any help. As this forum can be accessed worldwide it needs to be very careful in the information it gives out.

Agreed, and incredible that on this very page 2 posters have given a clue to the test, one of which in the same paragraph agrees the mods need to keep an eye out.

Astonishing!!
AS mods have already pointed out

We will certainly take action if we are aware of the problem.
Unfortunately, we do not have time to check every single post on the forum, and have to rely on members to report anything that potentially breaches forum rules.

We have received several reports about this thread. It is now going nowhere and so it will be locked.

Please do not attempt to restart the discussion on another thread.

yoyo
Forum moderator