Kent Results Via school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
RajeevKumar

Re: Kent Results Via school

Post by RajeevKumar »

It's an amazing score, your DC should get first choice where ever you try. But I think it is too early to declare result by school. Anyway ,,,, whether the minimum cutoff is written on the letter? Whats the minimum qualifying for each paper.
theonly1

Post by theonly1 »

Congrats. Really good scores and wow! Enjoy and pamper.
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

ronkevso- If you don't mind sharing, what is the minimum score (pass mark) per paper?
micron1217

Post by micron1217 »

Any chance....could you let us know what is the minimum pass mark in each paper?
ronkevso

Post by ronkevso »

Sorry everyone . I did ask about the minimum/ maximum marks but was told that they were not told that information. Each parent was given a score for each paper on a post stick note and told whether their child was under or above the grammar school standard.
ronkevso

Post by ronkevso »

From old posts. It may not be enough for Dartford Grammar School. Previous scores needed for ooc were over 400.
chimneys

Post by chimneys »

Thanks for your posts.What is the overall pass mark? Even if they didn't tell you I'm guessing you can get a fair idea from what all the kids in the school got and whether they passed/failed?
salsa

Post by salsa »

ronkevso wrote:From old posts. It may not be enough for Dartford Grammar School. Previous scores needed for ooc were over 400.
It was 369 on the first round last year. 320 for zone A boys. Remember that last year the test was different and so were the scores. Also, the number of OOC changed to 80. Your son has a good chance.
They offered to all the zone A boys that applied.
mystery

Post by mystery »

ronkevso wrote:From old posts. It may not be enough for Dartford Grammar School. Previous scores needed for ooc were over 400.
Not for the new 2014 test surely. 400 would have been a very high score in 2014 but not in years prior to that - 2014 was the start of a big change to the way the standardised scores worked --- not quite sure why but it was, as Salsa says.

Unless the scoring has changed again this year, that sounds as though it will turn to be an extremely high score that would get your child into any Kent superselective.
dwisdom

Post by dwisdom »

Remember u have to pass all 3 subjects....last year english had unusually high pass mark due it being easy (70%)....a lot of kids failed even though they scored high marks. Was english easy this year? I Hope not ....let me know ...comprehension was a bit tricky