Allocation of spaces?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bexamy

Allocation of spaces?

Post by bexamy »

Just rang KCC to question something on the SCAF. As my daughter only passed the Dover test, I was told her application for Dover grammar school would automatically be rejected and I would have to appeal for her place in the second round stating she had passed the Dover test as reason for appeal. I asked if this was a new thing to be told Kent Test pass children take priority over separate grammar school tests. With this theory in mind I asked if a child from say Folkestone, who passed the Kent test would get in on a second choice school of Dover over a child who lived in Dover and had passed the Dover test only. I was bluntly told Yes if there are 50 places in a school and 60 children apply, but 45 of those children have passed the Kent test, those children would automatically gain a place there. The other 5 spaces would be given to Dover test passers fitting Dover grammars criteria best. Has this changed as when my eldest passed the Kent and Dover test 2 years ago there were questions on her gaining a place due to where we lived!
doodles

Re: Allocation of spaces?

Post by doodles »

I would call the school directly, especially if you are a current parent.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now