what 11+ preparation do schools do

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

what 11+ preparation do schools do

Post by Guest »

my daughter is doing her 11+ next january her school has told us that there will be no 11+ prepration done at school,is this right with other schools
Guest123

11+ preparation in schools

Post by Guest123 »

From my own experience it does depend on the school your child attends. Some schools are happy to have preparation classes (even if they are called something else and done after school) others will not do anything at all. Luck of the draw it would seem! :(

Post by Guest »

My daughter's school did four 1-hour sessions just before the exams. My friend's son's did nothing at all. Which school is your child at? I suggest you ask the head.

Post by Guest »

I can`t tell you what school she attends but i can tell you that this years year 6 had no help and noone passed, now is this because there was no help from the school?
Vicky

Post by Vicky »

There were a handful of children who took their 11+ at my son's school. We asked a direct question and were given a direct answer. There was no preparation or help given at the school. We were given advise on doing 11+ test papers with him which we did from the previous July. He did test papers on Thursday and Friday followed by the real thing on Monday and Tuesday.
We tutored him, gently and steadily, - he passed well. I know that 3 were tutored by a tutor and passed but I don't know their scores.

Make of it what you may but my advise is that they need to get use to the format. Having said that his teacher was helpful and encouraging.
Good luck!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now