Maidstone to Tonbridge grammer school travel by train.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Dentistmum

Maidstone to Tonbridge grammer school travel by train.

Post by Dentistmum »

Hi everyone.

My daughter is in year 5 and will be applying for exam in sept 2016. We been to Tonbridge grammer school open day and she absolutely loved the school. We live in maidstone.Does any one travel from Maidstone by train? We are trying to convince our daughter about invicta. But I don't want to make her unhappy either.I always get absolutely beautiful remarks from her teacher and tutor.
Any suggestions about traveling by train ?

Thank you
frangipani

Re: Maidstone to Tonbridge grammer school travel by train.

Post by frangipani »

Hi Dentistmum,

My son catches the train from Maidstone to Tonbridge and whilst there are other boys doing the same, we have not yet seen any girls travelling from maidstone. I think because we have two excellent girls grammars, which are very popular and achieve similar results, I don't think people generally consider Tgs.

The train journey however is straight forward but can be a long day if your child wishes to attend after school clubs. The bus is also an option, but we only use it as back up for train cancellations.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Most school clubs are at lunchtime.

It would be the school that could tell you if there are any girls from Maidstone but it seems unlikely for the reasons given above.

I think you need to ask your daughter why she preferred tgs. These open mornings etc are not a great way for an adult to judge, let alone a child.
PurpleDog

Post by PurpleDog »

That seems like a very long journey if you do have good schools locally.
Girls do travel long distances to TGS so I'm sure she wouldn't be the only one.
No harm in considering it, but just keep an open mind at this stage.
TGS is a very good school and we are happy with it for our daughter.
Dentistmum

Post by Dentistmum »

Thank you very much for your reply :) I think I will make my daughter understand this that she will waste lots of time in travelling and ultimTely get tired!! Rather if she studies more she could do more better in invicta ! Keeping my mind open now and will take call at the time only !!

Once again thank you very much for your reply !!