Latecomer to the party!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tinkerbee

Latecomer to the party!

Post by Tinkerbee »

Okay, here I am... only 6 months left to go and we are only just getting in the saddle with this whole 11+ business.

I know, I know... However we haven't been sitting on our hands, my lovely DS has only just been diagnosed with Dyslexia and severe visual impairment and qualifies for 25% extra time - even for the 11+. His corrective glasses have opened up the world to him and together we have decided to throw our hat in the ring and see where it takes us. We're feeling the fear and doing it anyway and my lovely, brave boy is rising to the challenge like a true star.

Can anyone out there advise me on how you apply to KCC for the extra time please? Sadly his school has been extremely unsupportive and when I asked them for advice on this point, they said they couldn't help. Any pointers would be so gratefully received!

TIA
ToadMum

Re: Latecomer to the party!

Post by ToadMum »

It looks like you will have to make friends with your primary school's SENCO:

http://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-ch ... /kent-test. Look under the 'Register' tab.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
doodles

Re: Latecomer to the party!

Post by doodles »

Hi Tinkerbee,I have pm'd you.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now