English paper for Kent test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
jaia

English paper for Kent test

Post by jaia »

Is anyone able to tell me what sort of questions now appear in the English paper in the Kent test?
What I would really love but that doesn't seem to exist is some sort of revision list for the Kent test for English as it seems so different to when my last child sat it 5 years ago!
I know about the verbal reasoning but lots of new things seemed to have been added if what I am hearing is correct but I am very unclear what they are. My child is taking the test in September.
Thank you in anticipation
:?: x
Last edited by jaia on Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PurpleDog

Re: English paper for Kent test

Post by PurpleDog »

From what I can gather from my two girls who sat the test in the past two years, the GL practice papers were pretty good preparation. There were some question types which didn't appear, for example punctuation, but otherwise there didn't seem to be too many surprises.
jaia

Post by jaia »

Thank you very much PurpleDog. That's a relief to hear. Phew! Xx
ontarget

Post by ontarget »

Is punctuation not part of the English test anymore? What about spelling, is that still there?

The Familiarisation document seems to only mention cloze and grammar. Does anyone know what is meant by "grammar"?
PurpleDog

Post by PurpleDog »

I don't think there is any guarantee that punctuation won't be there but it hasn't for the past 2 years. Spelling will be there in some form I would have thought, whether as its own section, or as part of a more general section of fill in the missing word.
ontarget

Post by ontarget »

Thanks, PurpleDog