Offer from skinners

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
luckyparent

Offer from skinners

Post by luckyparent »

Hello All,

Has anyone got offer from skinners living in Croydon area?
Any input would be highly helpful.
Sorrel

Re: Offer from skinners

Post by Sorrel »

Hi luckyparent. Is it travel advice you're after or just people he might know? Will your son have to take the train to London Bridge and out again or are there more direct coaches? Searching this site for Croydon and Skinners doesn't throw up much unfortunately.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Sorrel wrote:Hi luckyparent. Is it travel advice you're after or just people he might know? Will your son have to take the train to London Bridge and out again or are there more direct coaches? Searching this site for Croydon and Skinners doesn't throw up much unfortunately.
There seem to be various East Croydon train away from London (rather than into London) -> bus combinations. Have they stopped going on strike on Southern Rail now?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
liceo_classico

Post by liceo_classico »

We got an offer from Skinners but we live close to London Bridge. From there is 45 min by train and then a short walk to the school. Btw, have you receive any letters from them? We don't belong to Kent council so I wonder how the communication will be...
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

liceo_classico wrote:We got an offer from Skinners but we live close to London Bridge. From there is 45 min by train and then a short walk to the school. Btw, have you receive any letters from them? We don't belong to Kent council so I wonder how the communication will be...
No letter but there's an open afternoon tomorrow which I'm going to take my son to, as he and I have only seen the outside (my husband went to an open morning and really liked it). Will report back what next steps are re parents' information evenings etc.
doodles

Post by doodles »

luckyparent wrote:Hello All,

Has anyone got offer from skinners living in Croydon area?
Any input would be highly helpful.
I doubt that you will find many people holding such offers. There is no school service that I know of that goes out to Croydon from TW so you will be reliant upon public transport or going by car. It looks like it is at least a train into London and then one out to TW and then a 15/20 minute walk up from the station.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
doodles

Post by doodles »

Sorrel wrote:
liceo_classico wrote:We got an offer from Skinners but we live close to London Bridge. From there is 45 min by train and then a short walk to the school. Btw, have you receive any letters from them? We don't belong to Kent council so I wonder how the communication will be...
No letter but there's an open afternoon tomorrow which I'm going to take my son to, as he and I have only seen the outside (my husband went to an open morning and really liked it). Will report back what next steps are re parents' information evenings etc.
Hope you and your DS like it Sorrel, any questions just ask and I'll try and help.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

doodles wrote:
Sorrel wrote:
Hope you and your DS like it Sorrel, any questions just ask and I'll try and help.
Thanks doodles, I gather it's a really nice school?
liceo_classico

Post by liceo_classico »

Sorrel wrote:
We will go to the open afternoon tomorrow as well. I called the school and they told me it's for the new Y7 students. Received the email too confirming the place!
luckyparent

Post by luckyparent »

Sorrel wrote:Hi luckyparent. Is it travel advice you're after or just people he might know? Will your son have to take the train to London Bridge and out again or are there more direct coaches? Searching this site for Croydon and Skinners doesn't throw up much unfortunately.
Hi Sorrel

Thanks for your response.Actually I am looking for both people and travel advice as well. There are trains from East Croydon to tonbridge wells and the bus.
Total of 1 hr 10 minutes. I am just trying to find out whether anyone got offer living in croydon area.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now