The WoK Grammar Annexe Sevenoaks - build status

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chimera-ma

The WoK Grammar Annexe Sevenoaks - build status

Post by chimera-ma »

A couple of the news reports this week have said that builders will soon be onsite to commence the Sevenoaks annexe build.

Well, they're already onsite working on the new Trinity School which shares the former Wildernesse site, so initial work on the annexe may not be so obvious.

I thought I should start a thread to keep WoK parents and potential WoK parents informed about the progress of the annexe build as it appears, as I live within 200 metres of it.

I'll advise re: the Trinity Free School build too, since the two impact one another.

In respect of Trinity, the back two sections of the new main building have external walls, or wall insulation, and most windows; the front third facing Seal Hollow Road is still just the steel frame and floors at each level.
mystery

Re: The WoK Grammar Annexe Sevenoaks - build status

Post by mystery »

Where can you walk to see it all? Kind of thing my kids love seeing.
chimera-ma

Post by chimera-ma »

There are viewing windows and a Willmott Dixon noticeboard about the progress of the build (last updated November...) between the new pedestrian crossing and the temporary entrance to Trinity on Seal Hollow Road. You may find parking almost directly opposite or in a side road - weekend is better.

Of course, the view of the side/back of the building is probably better from the Trinity School carpark...
mystery

Post by mystery »

Haven't had time to go spying yet. What can you see now Chimera-ma? Trinity buildings are looking interesting now I think but has the annex started yet?
chimera-ma

Post by chimera-ma »

I don't think anything has started yet, although there are boundary walls within boundary walls, so it is difficult to see behind Trinity and the Sencio sports centre even when visiting the latter. There are certainly no cranes back onsite.

The most recent contractor update on the community noticeboard at the entrance to the Wildernesse site is dated January and refers only to Trinity which is looking like it will open on schedule.
chimera-ma

Post by chimera-ma »

A quick note to say that KCC have approved the new plans for the two-phase annexe development: 3FE with Sixth Form accommodation now and an additional 3FE wing if later required and approved by government.

The Trinity build is still on track with a May update bulletin on the site's public noticeboard showing photos of furnished science labs, for example. The exterior will be finished this month and car parks prepared.
chimera-ma

Post by chimera-ma »

Work has begun on the annexe.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Phew! Do you think we'll get a hard hat and a coach up there from the open morning next week?
chimera-ma

Post by chimera-ma »

Only if you bring a shovel and offer to pitch in. :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now