Why is Kent test (in county) over 2 days

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
olucares

Why is Kent test (in county) over 2 days

Post by olucares »

Can someone please explain this to me, why are 2 dates given for the exams held in the schools, does it mean that the test is spread over 2 days, or do schools choose which of those dates they will administer the test or how? Can someone please clarify.

Thanks
PettswoodFiona

Re: Why is Kent test (in county) over 2 days

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Where have you seen that? You mention the test being held in the schools over two days. As far as I have been made aware and as still seems to be implied on the Kent tests website it is 8th Sept for in county and 10th Sept out of county. I understood that those in a Kent school take the test in school on the Thursday. Those not in a Kent school take the test on the Saturday. DD took the test last year as OOC at one of the grammar schools, not a primary school.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

PettswoodFiona is right.

The test takes place on one day

http://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-ch ... /kent-test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are only 2 papers now that the test has changed in format. Perhaps the information you have was old?
olucares

Post by olucares »

Oh I see, thanks for the replies. I am probably getting it all mixed up with Medway, as Medway gives 2 dates for in county.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Kent used to be over two days so perhaps somebody gave you old info.

Good luck.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !