Time warning

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tortuous

Re: Time warning

Post by Tortuous »

I do not know about this year but last year I believe my son said there was a warning before the end of the test.
mausam1

Post by mausam1 »

Also, just in case it helps, my DD was wearing a normal watch and she was not asked to take it off at the school.

We trained her to keep track of time using her watch, as trying to look for a clock, in a new environment, may not work out well everytime..
grahamo

Post by grahamo »

For the 25 minute papers, my daughter was given a time warning with 10 mins to go, and again with 5 mins to go. For the 5 minute papers she was given no time warning - but we had been told in advance that this would be the case so there were no surprises.
Ment

Post by Ment »

Just like the commentor above , my dd was allowed a simple watch and they were given time warning. Which school is this ?
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

FortyNinePence wrote:It seems to vary from school to school, which seems very unfair.

I am saddened but not surprised that your school hasn't had anyone with a post Xmas birthday pass since they changed the test in 2014, with less Qs in Maths and English, making the age standardisation a joke. :(
I think Rollon13th actually said pre-Xmas but I am intrigued by your comment about age standardisation. I have no insight / knowledge at all on this and have on DD pre-Xmas and one who is very late in the school year. Can you explain it a bit more please?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

sportsforall...please do a search of the MANY MANY threads about age standardisation......
Rollon13th

Post by Rollon13th »

Thank you everyone for your replies
Seems it varies from school to school and they all interpret the information given differently which it's very unfair have moved on and there us nothing more I can do about it now just wish the 13th would hurry up.

Does anyone know when the schools find out the results?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now