Kent Test results 2016 - do we get given the actual scores?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
punkeson

Kent Test results 2016 - do we get given the actual scores?

Post by punkeson »

Hi all
When we receive the results next Thursday (yikes!) do we get given a breakdown of the actual scores?
If my dd is lucky enough to pass I would like to know whether it was a close call or not as this will affect our decision of schools. I am already wondering if she might have been given a Headteacher Appeal as her books and those of two of her friends were taken away a couple of weeks ago. DH thinks I'm going crazy, he said that books are taken away all the time at schools for a variety of reasons. The timing made me suspicious though!
Next Thursday really cannot come soon enough for me!
Bibliovore

Re: Kent Test results 2016 - do we get given the actual scor

Post by Bibliovore »

The information given here by KCC indicates that test scores will be given not just Pass/No Pass:

http://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-ch ... /kent-test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know, though, if the scores are broken down into the Maths, English and Reasoning components or just a total aggregate is given.
punkeson

Post by punkeson »

Thank you.
I suppose that does suggest that we are given the scores. In that case it would be clear wether there had been a HT Appeal as one of the scores would be below the threshold.
salsa

Post by salsa »

It all depends on whether they give us the 3 individual scores. They may just give us the total score. If that were the case, then you could still get them from your headteacher or KCC.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

salsa wrote:It all depends on whether they give us the 3 individual scores. They may just give us the total score. If that were the case, then you could still get them from your headteacher or KCC.
It seems to imply you will get three separate scores "Your child will get three standardised scores, 1 for English, 1 for maths and 1 for reasoning." - I wish it had been like that last year! It was half term at DD's school so had to ask KCC and I was worried we wouldn't hear before CAF application deadline but they were very speedy. Perhaps they got fed up with the deluge of requests. If you want raw scores you will still need to apply to KCC.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Thank you, so it is. I've also obtained confirmation that these scores will NOT be included in the email nor the letter. So, it will be available to those who registered on line, only. (I didn't know you could register any other way).

Therefore, we'll have to wait until 5 to log in and get those scores. I hope we don't crash the site as in previous years!
Still, I'd rather wait until 5 than having to make an appointment for the following day with the headteacher.

Salsa