Out of County/Out of Area for Dartford Grammar School (Boys)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
saltydog

Re: Out of County/Out of Area for Dartford Grammar School (B

Post by saltydog »

Scores of 398 and 401 would definitely have got you an OOC place at DGS (boys) in the last two years. Unless the test has got easier this year and there are a lot of high scorers you should be fine with those scores. Kent publish a spreadsheet showing all of the results. You should be able to work out from this roughly where your child sits in relation to everyone else. Considering there a lot of grammar schools in Kent if there are only a few hundred scorers above your child then you should feel fairly confident about getting the school of your choice. The chances of all of those who scored higher than your child wanting to go to the same school as your child are pretty much non existent. Therefore as the super selectives allocate places on the basis of score alone if there are 70 places available at the school of your choice, considering the number of schools available and the fact that many who take the Kent test will have taken other tests as well (St Olaves, Bexley) so may not even take a place at a Kent school, you would be extremely unfortunate if all those who scored above your child in the test decided to fill the 70 places at the school you wanted your child to go to. It's not going to happen. Hope that makes sense!
miracle

Post by miracle »

Hi, my son got 391 do you think he is eligible for DGS? We are OOC as well..

Kindly could you please suggest?
saltydog

Post by saltydog »

miracle wrote:Hi, my son got 391 do you think he is eligible for DGS? We are OOC as well..

Yes. I would say pretty much guaranteed with that score.
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

There seem to be a lot of higher scores this year, even just from the forums. We personally know of at least half a dozen boys in the 417-423 range. I wonder if the out of area score will go up significantly? Looking forward to Kent releasing that xl spreadsheet so we can assess our chances. Wish they would hurry up!
MartyMcFly

Post by MartyMcFly »

Hi all, rather new too all of this - but quickly getting a handle on the dimensions of the Kent Test! Where do they release the giant list of results- is it on the Kent web site. Any pointers much appreciated. Marty
delasota

Post by delasota »

miracle wrote:Hi, my son got 391 do you think he is eligible for DGS? We are OOC as well..

Even if you do have full access, to the spreadsheet (does anyone know where you can find this?) it's impossible to say for certain if your son was one of the top 90 applicants. However based on last year I would think you'll be comfortably in with 391.

The post implying that scores of 417-423 have been common puzzles me. They surely wouldn't have set a selection test that makes scores of 99+ commonplace, would they? Especially if, according to the school, last year came in at 375. I wouldn't be discouraged at 391!

The cohort at our primary school, which is really strong this year, is broadly in line with last year's result... certainly no 100%ers!
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

I didn't say that scores of 417-423 were common. Just our observation of the scores posted on this forum and the boys we personally know. The spreadsheet (for 2015) which can be found on the Kent Test bit of the KCC website shows only a few boys on the very top scores last year. Last year the top score was 420 I think, this year it is 423 and there are more sitters.
I'm not a statistics person but on this forum there are some very informed people , Bob and Bibliovore, who can hopefully shed a bit more light when the new spreadsheet is released.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

delasota wrote:

Even if you do have full access, to the spreadsheet (does anyone know where you can find this?) it's impossible to say for certain if your son was one of the top 90 applicants. However based on last year I would think you'll be comfortably in with 391.

The post implying that scores of 417-423 have been common puzzles me. They surely wouldn't have set a selection test that makes scores of 99+ commonplace, would they? Especially if, according to the school, last year came in at 375. I wouldn't be discouraged at 391!

The cohort at our primary school, which is really strong this year, is broadly in line with last year's result... certainly no 100%ers!
If you just go to your KCC website, last year's spreadsheet is somewhere in the secondary school admissions bit (probably in the Kent Test section - being terminally curious, I did have a wander around 'Kent' last night, but can't remember exactly where I saw it :) ).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Sparkle16

Post by Sparkle16 »

DS scored 421 in Kent and 260 in Bexley, this is (not to boast but) to reassure some parents that we will not be putting either Kent/Bexley schools on CAF form, there will be similar DC in this position as well hence people should not let the high scores posted deter them from their school choice.
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

Looking at the Kent spreadsheet which has been released today. As predicted, there are more higher scorers than last year. Can Bibliovore or anyone make a loose guess as to what the ooc score may be for Dartford this year please? I'm trying to gauge what boys from what areas would put Dartford first. I guess if you are a high scorer from Ashford say, then you might pick another school?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now