Appeal when did not pass the 11 plus

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ahu_ran

Re: Appeal when did not pass the 11 plus

Post by ahu_ran »

Hi Cath, as a rule you can't appeal against the results but anything that happened during the exam that could cause your son to loose marks can be brought forward during appeals ( disturbance during exams, no time warning, muddling up of answer sheets etc). I don't think KCC will help you on it but if you are going to contact them then its best to ask your son first if anything like this happened.

Are you sure your son' school are up to mark with curriculum, at my dd school they were not able to finish the curriculum as there were lot of administrative issues, Luckily for me I was aware of the issue and worked with her. Even if your son is bright and sits on the top table, he can only perform what he knows. May be his friends got benefitted from extra tuition by finishing their basics. If that is the issue look at his year 4 and year 5 work. If the school was lacking behind it might help you during appeal.

The primary schools administers CAT for year six during the year. If he scores well on it you might have a stronger case.

I would say apply for both grammars and appeal at both.
Cath28

Re: Appeal when did not pass the 11 plus

Post by Cath28 »

ahu_ran wrote:Hi Cath, as a rule you can't appeal against the results but anything that happened during the exam that could cause your son to loose marks can be brought forward during appeals ( disturbance during exams, no time warning, muddling up of answer sheets etc). I don't think KCC will help you on it but if you are going to contact them then its best to ask your son first if anything like this happened.

Are you sure your son' school are up to mark with curriculum, at my dd school they were not able to finish the curriculum as there were lot of administrative issues, Luckily for me I was aware of the issue and worked with her. Even if your son is bright and sits on the top table, he can only perform what he knows. May be his friends got benefitted from extra tuition by finishing their basics. If that is the issue look at his year 4 and year 5 work. If the school was lacking behind it might help you during appeal.

The primary schools administers CAT for year six during the year. If he scores well on it you might have a stronger case.

I would say apply for both grammars and appeal at both.
Thank you. My son had his lowest ever attendance year in year 5 so he would have missed out on some of the curriculum. There was a disturbance during the exam (another child having a breakdown) a few weeks before the test he developed an eating disorder that we believe was caused by worry he had for the upcoming tests. He was seen by a doctor who confirmed it was nothing physical but all mental but obviously cannot provide proof that the test was definitely the cause! The format of the test was all new to him as he had not had any tutoring etc .
I will apply to both, then appeal... it's the biggest longshot but got to be worth a try!!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now