Dartford DGS and DGGS Cut Off Analysis

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
PrincesPark

Re: Dartford DGS and DGGS Cut Off Analysis

Post by PrincesPark »

As per my message in the Kent spreadsheet thread....the data seems based on the Primary school attended...not where the child lives....we live in Kent (Dartford ward) but our son goes to school in Bexley. His score is not in the Dartford ICC section of the spreadsheet....but does for OOC....but we are not OOC (if that makes sense!!!)
salsa

Post by salsa »

PrincesPark wrote:As per my message in the Kent spreadsheet thread....the data seems based on the Primary school attended...not where the child lives....we live in Kent (Dartford ward) but our son goes to school in Bexley. His score is not in the Dartford ICC section of the spreadsheet....but does for OOC....but we are not OOC (if that makes sense!!!)
Is this a common scenario?
Thanks
PrincesPark

Post by PrincesPark »

I can only speak for the Kent/Bexley border where there are a few cross border pupils...mainly at Church Schools.....wouldn't be able to put a number on it.....and I would guess a similar scenario would work the other way...one of our local primaries is 200m from the border.....
Blametheparents

Post by Blametheparents »

MullerMan

'The graph below shows the Dartford Girls IC cumulative pupil scores as a % of the number of entrants that are deemed Grammar. There are two initial observations to make; there has been both an increase and improvement on the Girls scores. 135 girls deemed Grammar in 2015 versus 164 in 2016, an increase of 21%. I understand the IC girls cut off in 2015 was 333 and from the data, there were 111 girls at or above this score in 2015 but in 2016 this number is 130, an increase of 17%. You can see from the graph that much of this increase is in the 366+ range scores; 12 girls scores above 400 this year versus zero in 2015!'

There are schools that will report as Sevenoaks, but are situated in an IC Parish, and have many girls attending that live in an IC Parish.
My daughter lives in catchment for DGGS, and scored over 400 in 2015. However, her score is reported as being in Sevenoaks.

There are bound to be other anomalies, but the overall picture that girls' scores are up remains true.
MullerMan

Post by MullerMan »

Understand that category allocation is based on where they live during the week.
London_Mum16

Post by London_Mum16 »

After reading the posts and trying to understand where to position DGS in CAF. We are living OOC and score just over 400, Dartford is not our first choice. since DS passed St.Olaves we are thinking to place DGS in the second place or third place. Is it possible to get DGS if he doesn't get st.Olaves. Appreciate any advise.
hanaF

Post by hanaF »

London_Mum16 wrote:After reading the posts and trying to understand where to position DGS in CAF. We are living OOC and score just over 400, Dartford is not our first choice. since DS passed St.Olaves we are thinking to place DGS in the second place or third place. Is it possible to get DGS if he doesn't get st.Olaves. Appreciate any advise.
Just put the schools in your actual preference order. The schools do not know whether you've put them down as 1st or 6th choice.
On this website, go to Schools -->
Equal Preference System and it explains all.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... nce-system
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now