11 plus results 2014-2017 by school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

charliedurrant

11 plus results 2014-2017 by school

Post by charliedurrant »

Hi,

I did a freedom of information request for the 11 plus results for all schools in Kent from 2014-2017. It may be of use to others?

kent-11-plus-results-2014-2017.xlsx

Charlie
Sally-Anne

Re: 11 plus results 2014-2017 by school

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Charlie, and welcome!

I've approved this as your first post and taken a look at the download. Thank you for taking the trouble to FoI Kent for stats and to post them here.

It doesn't seem very obvious at first sight if it proves anything?

Could you please give more information on what we should deduce from it?
charliedurrant

Post by charliedurrant »

Hi,

I don't think the data shows anything in particular, however another post showed the same data for only a small selection of West Kent schools. I'm in East Kent and I was curious as to the data for all 4 years (as my kids covered those years).

An interesting point for me was that, knowing a little about the size of some local schools and state v private it was clear some state schools were entering a lot more pupils than others. Almost to the point where everyone took the test. Other schools were entering very few. Upton is a large state primary school here in Broadstairs and their results are great but they also enter a lot of children which I think is a good policy. The format of the data is hard to read and my comments are possibly a little anecdotal!

Charlie
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Is the decision as to whether a child takes the Kent test up to the school, then?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

ToadMum wrote:Is the decision as to whether a child takes the Kent test up to the school, then?
Good point Toad Mum, the decision lies with the parent as they have to register the child for the test. Kent is an opt in system. The school does not put children in for the test. Schools are not meant to teach to the test and I believe there are rules about not being overtly in support of the eleven plus but some schools have information evenings for parents about transition to secondary school and they may pop in info about registering etc to smooth the path. In county state children will sit the test in their primary school, others will sit at an assigned centre, usually one of the grammar schools themselves.
charliedurrant

Post by charliedurrant »

Well, yes, parents do register their children, however I have heard they receive advice as to whether to by their schools.

Note that in terms of marketing one can say that the school has a 100% pass rate at 11 plus but underlying only 10% were entered.
susanass

Post by susanass »

Hi, I have taken a look at the spreadsheet and it is not accurate. My DC's score is not on there for the primary my dc attends. I have checked all 4 years and the score is not on there, so it is not even a case of the dates are wrong. This makes me question the accuracy of the whole spreadsheet. I have a question also, for the 2017 spreadsheet, there are a few from our primary with scores, does this mean some of the pupils from our primary sat the kent test after the other pupils? And why is there a spreadsheet for 2017? Is this for entry to 2017? Or am I reading the spreadsheet incorrectly? Sorry but I am confused :? Thank you
charliedurrant

Post by charliedurrant »

susanass wrote:My DC's score is not on there for the primary my dc attends. I have checked all 4 years and the score is not on there, so it is not even a case of the dates are wrong. This makes me question the accuracy of the whole spreadsheet.
I can't say, however my children's scores were there. Could the school have a common name? For example there are lot of schools with the same name. I had to repeat the search to find the actual school I was looking for.
susanass wrote:I have a question also, for the 2017 spreadsheet, there are a few from our primary with scores, does this mean some of the pupils from our primary sat the kent test after the other pupils?u
Not sure what you mean?
susanass wrote:And why is there a spreadsheet for 2017? Is this for entry to 2017? Or am I reading the spreadsheet incorrectly? Sorry but I am confused :? Thank you
Correct, 2017 is for the intake 2017 - that's just the way they provided the data.
susanass

Post by susanass »

charliedurrant wrote:
susanass wrote:My DC's score is not on there for the primary my dc attends. I have checked all 4 years and the score is not on there, so it is not even a case of the dates are wrong. This makes me question the accuracy of the whole spreadsheet.
I can't say, however my children's scores were there. Could the school have a common name? For example there are lot of schools with the same name. I had to repeat the search to find the actual school I was looking for.
susanass wrote:I have a question also, for the 2017 spreadsheet, there are a few from our primary with scores, does this mean some of the pupils from our primary sat the kent test after the other pupils?u
Not sure what you mean?
susanass wrote:And why is there a spreadsheet for 2017? Is this for entry to 2017? Or am I reading the spreadsheet incorrectly? Sorry but I am confused :? Thank you
Correct, 2017 is for the intake 2017 - that's just the way they provided the data.
Ok, I did not realise it was 2017 intake, thanks for clarifying, I will take another look