Dartford grammar school for boys scores 2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

salsa

Re: Dartford grammar school for boys scores 2017

Post by salsa »

RoboR wrote:Does anyone have any idea if the OOA cut off will go down after the 2nd allocation ? a friends son scored 381 :-( was their 1st choice.
It usually goes down one point or none at all or OOA. The reason being that there are many children with the same score. It is a massive jump this year, so who knows. No harm in going on the waiting list. Was your friend allocated Wilmington?

Does anyone know the top 10% score for Wilmington this year?

Salsa
theonly1

Post by theonly1 »

Hello Salsa, would DGS have the total number of students that preferenced them and scored 351. The school told me 3 boys from Dartford borough. Would they know from other borough. Thanks
salsa

Post by salsa »

theonly1 wrote:Hello Salsa, would DGS have the total number of students that preferenced them and scored 351. The school told me 3 boys from Dartford borough. Would they know from other borough. Thanks
They would know, as all local authorities send their applicant's information to the school. If they told you that there are only 3, then that is absolutely fine. Now the Local Authority has your information ready for the second round. After that, you need to contact the school directly as they will maintain the waiting list.

Hopefully your son gets in during the second round.

Salsa
salsa

Post by salsa »

salsa wrote:
ToadMum wrote:
salsa wrote:

I'm not sure if at this point you can put your name for the waiting list of a school you didn't put on your original form. Say, you now decide that Gravesend is a good option. I think you can. Does anybody know?

Salsa
As I posted on the 'Changing Preferences' thread:

According to the Kent CC website,

"If you are still unhappy you can put your child on the waiting list or make an appeal for any of the schools you applied for. You can do either or both for the same school or for different schools. For example, you can appeal for one school and put your child on the waiting list for another".

(My italics).
Yes, that's the normal case, but Kent are even more flexible, I believe. Let me ask someone whom I thought had not put a school at all, but could do so after the second round.

Salsa
Here it is on page 20 of the booklet. Kent are very flexible; You could make a fresh application after 16th March and/or go on the waiting list of any school after 28th April. This even for schools that weren't in your original SCAF. This is not allowed in other London boroughs.

http://www.kent.gov.uk/__data/assets/pd ... -areas.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Salsa
Rsinsinwar

Post by Rsinsinwar »

Just wondering - Only1 - did your DS get a place at DGS finally? We are going to be in a similar situation this year I think.

If not how if Wilmington experience so far. How are the classes, curriculum and teaching quality so far?
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

Friends son was offered DGS last year in April with 381 out of county.
salsa

Post by salsa »

grgygirl wrote:Friends son was offered DGS last year in April with 381 out of county.
That’s quite a drop from 387 in the first round, especially if this was in April. I wonder if it went eve lower later on in the year?

Does anybody know how low it went for in area children?

Salsa
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

grgygirl wrote:Friends son was offered DGS last year in April with 381 out of county.
Ooh! That's good to know, thanks. My son has 383 and I wasn't sure if it had dropped at all from the original 387 last year.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now