over/under subscribed

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

lefol

Re: over/under subscribed

Post by lefol »

The usual hot spots which are over subscribed are Wilmington, Dartford, Judd,Skinners, Tunbridge, Weald. I guess there are more schools oversubscribed but these are the ones I have heard mentioned . I also know that some of the Kent schools close to Dover usually have spaces after allocation . You can always do some research to find out which ones and if they are within reasonable travelling distance from you .
Sparklecat

Post by Sparklecat »

Sparklecat wrote::idea: p
kingreader wrote:It's still online, here you go: http://www.kent.gov.uk/__data/assets/pd ... -areas.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like the info you need, Sparklecat, is at the back - total apps and total offers. Assuming they publish the same information for 2018 you should be fine.
Thanks for that link. I wonder if total applications include second and third choices? Nearly every school has more applications than offers. Do people apply for schools they have no hope of being accepted for?
To answer my own question, we attended an open event at MGGS, where there was an announcement urging those parents whose children had not passed the Kent Test to contact the school office urgently. It was hard enough building up hopes by attending pre-exam events. But after...and having failed to pass?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Sparklecat wrote:
Sparklecat wrote::idea: p
kingreader wrote:It's still online, here you go: http://www.kent.gov.uk/__data/assets/pd ... -areas.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like the info you need, Sparklecat, is at the back - total apps and total offers. Assuming they publish the same information for 2018 you should be fine.
Thanks for that link. I wonder if total applications include second and third choices? Nearly every school has more applications than offers. Do people apply for schools they have no hope of being accepted for?
To answer my own question, we attended an open event at MGGS, where there was an announcement urging those parents whose children had not passed the Kent Test to contact the school office urgently. It was hard enough building up hopes by attending pre-exam events. But after...and having failed to pass?

But actually going back to your question, 'total applications' would be just that - 'applications, all preferences'.

Those whose DC had not passed, but who intend to appeal, would have to apply, in order to be turned down and hence trigger the right to appeal. Or do you mean, the parents were being told that their DC may have a chance of being accepted in the initial round, despite having failed? Is this in the school's admissions policy?

Apologies if I have completely misunderstood.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
liceo_classico

Post by liceo_classico »

Have you tried this site? https://admissionsday.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you can put the school name or postcode and tells you the Ofsted rating and if under/oversubscribed.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now