Second round offers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
The points

Re: Second round offers

Post by The points »

Hi

Has anyone got a second round place at Skinners? No place for us yet and score of 370.

Cheers
Anglolux

Post by Anglolux »

We're waiting for Skinners and have 371. My understanding is only 5 second round offers were made for Skinners.
The points

Post by The points »

Hi Anglolux thanks for the reply. There must be a few on 371/370. Hopefully there will be some movement next week. Cheers
lefol

Post by lefol »

Hi @Salsa. I will check the top 10% score at Wilmington and let you know. I recall last year it was 370-392. This year they have come as far out to 3.99 miles so we have some hope. I know Dartford was heavily oversubscribed so most will go to Wilmington. Still waiting for someone to tell me if they have given up a place at either school or are considering it. Deadline for accepting indie places was a few weeks ago and those holding indie and grammar offers may have given one up. I guess it is a waiting game.
salsa

Post by salsa »

@lefol
Wilmington freezes the waiting list some time before the appeals. That's why you are not seeing movement. We debated this in the forum last year. Not even sure if it is compliant of the Appeals Code. The Judd and Sinners do not seem to do this as you see allocations from the waiting list even as the appeals are being heard. Or that's what I've noticed in previous years.

Salsa
lefol

Post by lefol »

I understand the appeals for Dartford are taking place this week and for Wilmington week commencing 15th and 22nd May . Still keen to hear if any parents have given up a place at Wilmington or Dartford . Given up a place at one of those schools including Judd and Skinners may free up a place at Wilmington or Dartford for those desperate to get a place. Gravesend increased their PAN to 174 this year but I understand the plan is to reduce it down to 150 for the 2018 admission .
The points

Post by The points »

Hi Has anyone received an offer from the waiting list for Skinners yet? Regards
LocalTWmum1

Post by LocalTWmum1 »

I just released a Skinners' place this morning so hopefully there will be some movement this week for those waiting :)
The points

Post by The points »

Hi thanks for the note LocalTwmum. Maybe my son will sneak in. Cheers
lefol

Post by lefol »

Thanks for this and hope others will post when they give up GS places and we can have some movement on the waiting lists for the grammar schools on Kent .
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now