Second round offers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
The points

Re: Second round offers

Post by The points »

Hi we have freed up our place but it was a comp not grammar. Hopefully the movement continues for some other families. Cheers
grasshopper4

Post by grasshopper4 »

Our son won one of the 9 appeals for Judd yesterday and we released a place at TWBGS straight away as I know there will be boys desperate for those places. Annoyingly, I know of someone who is still holding a Judd place 'just incase' even though they are definitely staying in the private system. So selfish.
relaxedMum77

Post by relaxedMum77 »

Congratulations on your appeal win!!!
salsa

Post by salsa »

grasshopper4 wrote:Our son won one of the 9 appeals for Judd yesterday and we released a place at TWBGS straight away as I know there will be boys desperate for those places. Annoyingly, I know of someone who is still holding a Judd place 'just incase' even though they are definitely staying in the private system. So selfish.
Congratulations! Do you know if Judd freezes their waiting list during the appeals?

Salsa
Papercat

Post by Papercat »

grasshopper4 wrote:Our son won one of the 9 appeals for Judd yesterday.
Congratulations!
Well done!
grasshopper4

Post by grasshopper4 »

Thank you. I'm not sure if Judd freezes the list. The admissions lady did say they offered 2 places from the list last Friday and one on Monday, and the appeals started at 8.30 on Monday.

Also, I'm not sure whether they now take 189 altogether or whether they wait until the have 10 more boys give up their place before they offer again, keeping them at 180 boys total. Does anyone know??
salsa

Post by salsa »

grasshopper4 wrote:Thank you. I'm not sure if Judd freezes the list. The admissions lady did say they offered 2 places from the list last Friday and one on Monday, and the appeals started at 8.30 on Monday.

Also, I'm not sure whether they now take 189 altogether or whether they wait until the have 10 more boys give up their place before they offer again, keeping them at 180 boys total. Does anyone know??
Well, if they offered on Monday, that means that they don't freeze the list. I think this is the normal behaviour to be followed. I don't know why other schools freeze the list. It gives absolutely no chance to those on the list as, normally, a school do not offer from the waiting list until they go under PAN.

Salsa
RoboR

Post by RoboR »

Have been told of someone winning their appeal for DGSB, they got the letter this morning (Were mid 80's on waiting list !)
salsa

Post by salsa »

RoboR wrote:Have been told of someone winning their appeal for DGSB, they got the letter this morning (Were mid 80's on waiting list !)
Congratulations to them!
lefol

Post by lefol »

Wow that's really good news and well done to them! I would have thought the chance of winning an appeal at Dartford was slim, if not zero. Thanks for sharing as it means we will see some movement on the waiting lists for neighbouring schools .
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now