Areas covered by the "Kent Test" ..KCC

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Kent99

Re: Areas covered by the "Kent Test" ..KCC

Post by Kent99 »

If you look on page 5 of this year's Secondary School Admissions guide you will find a (rather imprecise) map.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

any chance you could post a link on here? or pm me with it as you may have noticed the original stcky was almost 3 years ago.
Kent99

Post by Kent99 »

Hi, Sorry didn't notice dates. This is not a new situation though, it was the same 3 years ago. I'll have a go at posting a link but it is a lengthy one so no guarantees!
http://www.kent.gov.uk/education_and_le ... laces.aspx
Kent99

Post by Kent99 »

O.K. just checked link and it doesn't take you direct to the document but there is a link on the linked page which will get you there. You want the link titled "Admission to Secondary School in Kent 2011" . Not the one about 2011 transfers.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

The areas with a Comprehensive system in Kent acording to the admission booklet Kent99 is linking to are:
Swanley, Longfield, Swancombe, Paddock Wood, Tenterden, New Romney and Isle of Sheppy while Cranbrook area has assessment at 13+
Impossible is Nothing.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Yes there's a little map in the admissions booklet each year which shows this. But how would someone living close to any of the lines drawn on the map know which side of the line they actually live on?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

sherry_d wrote:The areas with a Comprehensive system in Kent acording to the admission booklet Kent99 is linking to are:
Swanley, Longfield, Swancombe, Paddock Wood, Tenterden, New Romney and Isle of Sheppy while Cranbrook area has assessment at 13+
girls from the marsh also go to Folkestone School for Girls..
Fluffy66

Post by Fluffy66 »

The booklet is not quite accurate and hightlights the point made by mystery.

I live in Greenhithe in the district of "Greenhithe & Swanscombe". But Greenhithe is covered by the Dartford and Wilmington GS and plenty of children locally go to these GS without a problem. Swanscombe has a secondary school but it does not have a grammar or higher ability scheme that i was ever told about last year. In fact they pushed their "Golden curriculum" for, and i quote "children with a reading age of 6". :roll:

Then my boys go/went to primary in Longfield and this area is covered by the Gravesend GS (certainly the boys not 100% certain on the girls) in fact the HTat the boys GS told a friend just make sure you pay your council tax to Gravesend because Gravesend is their catchment area. Every boy i know from the Longfield area that wanted a grammar place got it (this year and last year in the end).

All very confusing it just highlights the need to read, re-read and read again the admissions criteria for each school :?