Does anyone know when the schools find out the results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Silver

Does anyone know when the schools find out the results?

Post by Silver »

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows when the schools find out the results? Hard not to get paranoid if they look down or look away lol!
bondgirl

Re: Does anyone know when the schools find out the results?

Post by bondgirl »

Oh blimey - was thinking about this last night as well! I think this comes up every year. I'm guessing it must be soon to allow time for HT reviews/appeals. We're OOC but I think the results are still sent to schools early even though I don't think OOC HTs ever appeal that I am aware of.
salsa

Post by salsa »

bondgirl wrote:Oh blimey - was thinking about this last night as well! I think this comes up every year. I'm guessing it must be soon to allow time for HT reviews/appeals. We're OOC but I think the results are still sent to schools early even though I don't think OOC HTs ever appeal that I am aware of.
Hi,
The headteachers normally get the results by the end of September. They then have to decide whether to lodge an appeal/review for those who didn't pass and they think should have.
I saw some data a couple of years ago and it was clear that OOC headteachers hardly appealed and that prep schools would have the greater number of appeals lodged and successful outcomes.

Here is when parents turn into body language readers and headteachers practice their poker faces!

Salsa
Silver

Post by Silver »

It is a difficult time for Year 6 parents. Knowing that they know but knowing we don't. It makes the wait seem even longer and even more painful!

Would love to be a fly on the wall in the staff room!
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

There's a link on KCC under a FOI request with all the Kent test scores for the various areas within Kent and OOC for the last 2 years and it was clear from that that OOC HTs don't do reviews/appeals.

It's when books start being taken from Y6 classrooms that paranoia levels really ratchet up a notch!!

<makes a note to dig out my old Alan Pease body language book from when i was a trainer many years ago>
Silver

Post by Silver »

Lol Bondgirl

If anyone hears anything or suspects their school already knows, when they know, please post and keep us all updated. I know it doesn't make much difference, but it's still nice to know (or nice to divert our attention, during the long remaining slog!)
Silver

Post by Silver »

Also can anyone tell me whether we find out if the Headteacher has done an appeal?

Will it be set out on the confirmation of whether they are selected for grammar or not? I assume the raw scores will reveal that the score isn't high enough but they are selected for grammar anyway. Is that correct?

Thanks.
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

I think your assumption is correct Silver ie. the decision is "assessed as suitable for Grammar" but then the score will show the DC has not reached the required score (so an HT appeal must have been made). I stand to be corrected however....
salsa

Post by salsa »

bondgirl wrote:I think your assumption is correct Silver ie. the decision is "assessed as suitable for Grammar" but then the score will show the DC has not reached the required score (so an HT appeal must have been made). I stand to be corrected however....
You are correct. I don't know who wouldn't request the scores, as these are given by the headteacher or KCC, but in theory, there may be someone with a grammar assessed letter who would not know that their headteacher appealed.

Salsa
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Ok, you won't find out if there has been a headteacher review. It is done and dusted before the parents get the results.

It isn't talked about in the staff room. The year 6 teachers and head know and the review process starts, year 5 books are kept back and the well oiled machine leaps into business.