Gifts post exams

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Silver

Gifts post exams

Post by Silver »

Hi

I want to buy my DD a gift after finishing her exams to say well done for trying etc. Any ideas?
bellabelly

Re: Gifts post exams

Post by bellabelly »

We took our twins out for a lovely dinner at a local restaurant on the Saturday evening to say well done. It was a really nice evening and I think they quite enjoyed feeling very "grown up". (And also loved it that we didn't take their little sisters along - it was just something special for them.)
Silver

Post by Silver »

Thank you. That sounds lovely. Bought a balloon and some chocolates and planning a meal out tomorrow!

Thank you again. Can't wait for it all to be over...
September2017

Post by September2017 »

Hi,
We took our DC for a "grown up meal" last Wednesday, wanted to tell them that we were so proud of all the hard work and effort they had put in. We also wanted them to know that regardless of the outcome they had come such a long way through this process and would always benefit from their efforts.
Tbh, they were so tired and exhausted they just wanted to get home and relax! It was so funny trying to "do a toast to them" as they weren't even listening!

Good luck and enjoy your celebration :)
bellabelly

Post by bellabelly »

Aw, September2017, that's really sweet!

Silver, balloons and chocolate and a lovely dinner out sounds perfect. Hope you both have a really nice evening.
bellabelly

Post by bellabelly »

And PS, Silver - part of me can't wait for it to be over and part of me feels a bit sick at the thought of results day... :lol:
Octsmum

Post by Octsmum »

Hi

We gave DD the choice of where she wanted to go for tea (pizza). We also booked tickets to the circus that was in town which was fun & didn't finish too late so we were home at a reasonable hour as she was tired from the brain exercise!

OctsMum
Silver

Post by Silver »

Thank you Bellabelly. I can't wait for it to be over! But I agree that it is a long painful wait until results day.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

I am feeling like a very mean Mum now!
DD got her first (and last) Krispy Kreme donut and then I took her back to school!! Back then (yr11 now) the exam was on a weekday.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

DD got taken straight back to school (she didn't want to miss her keyboard lesson).

After school we went out for tea with some of her friends, who had also taken the test in the afternoon, and their mums. They sat at a different table. :lol:

RM, DD doesn't really like doighnuts, so still hasn't ever had a Krispy Kreme one.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now