Anyone here got twins?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ToadMum

Re: Anyone here got twins?

Post by ToadMum »

watbogs wrote:Do you happen to know if Kent CC has a policy of placing OOC twins that pass in the same school, especially if they have similar scores?
You need to look at the admissions criteria for the individual school(s) in which you are interested:
https://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-c ... ria-201819
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
watbogs

Post by watbogs »

Thanks so much, ToadMum.
Couldn't find the schools I was interested in on either attachments - will contact the Admissions team before I fill in the CAF
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

watbogs wrote:Thanks so much, ToadMum.
Couldn't find the schools I was interested in on either attachments - will contact the Admissions team before I fill in the CAF
If they aren't own admission authority schools (the ones in the 'individual admission arrangements' document) or one of the named 'community' schools, their admissions criteria will be as per those on p3 of the 'community schools' document, I think.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
watbogs

Post by watbogs »

ToadMum wrote:
watbogs wrote:Thanks so much, ToadMum.
If they aren't own admission authority schools (the ones in the 'individual admission arrangements' document) or one of the named 'community' schools, their admissions criteria will be as per those on p3 of the 'community schools' document, I think.
Fab, thanks.
I ended up chatting with the Head at an open morning at our favoured school and she has put my mind at ease re: the twin issue.
WAGODSTUS

Post by WAGODSTUS »

Hi, I’ve got twin girls and they all passed with 357 and 361 respectively. They were always neck and neck in the GL Assessment practice papers. Unsurprisingly, both got the same marks for maths and English. I’m very happy and give GOD all the praise.
shake123

Post by shake123 »

watbogs wrote:Do you happen to know if Kent CC has a policy of placing OOC twins that pass in the same school, especially if they have similar scores?
I asked a HT that this week and was told that in her experience they do
shake123

Post by shake123 »

WAGODSTUS wrote:Hi, I’ve got twin girls and they all passed with 357 and 361 respectively. They were always neck and neck in the GL Assessment practice papers. Unsurprisingly, both got the same marks for maths and English. I’m very happy and give GOD all the praise.
I'm so pleased for you. After lots of anxiety and sleepless nights, I'm pleased to say that mine did too (and with similar results to yours). Exactly the same marks in Reasoning and English, too. Are yours identical?
We were neck and neck all the way through practice papers until about May and then one surged ahead (also reflected in CAT scores at school) and I haven't slept since. All came good, but I would caution anyone with twins to think very carefully about entering into this process. Things change!
WAGODSTUS

Post by WAGODSTUS »

Hello,
Thankfully my first daughter is already in the same school I want the twins to attend. When it comes to distance, we’re also very close to the school. As part of the application process they ask whether the child is a twin, triplets etc, so I believe twins will be admitted to the same school. The worst case scenario may be when a school uses a cutoff point and the mark difference between the twins is very big. This is just my thought anyway.
bellabelly

Post by bellabelly »

Great news, Shake and WAG. Well done to your dcs.

My DTs both passed (yay!) but there's quite a gap between their scores. Our local grammar's cut-off last year means one would have got in and the other wouldn't. Just hoping and hoping that cut-off will be lower this year as they are offering twice as many places this year. If one gets a place and the other doesn't then we'll have to appeal but really don't know if we'd have much of a case.
watbogs

Post by watbogs »

bellabelly wrote:Great news, Shake and WAG. Well done to your dcs.

My DTs both passed (yay!) but there's quite a gap between their scores. Our local grammar's cut-off last year means one would have got in and the other wouldn't. Just hoping and hoping that cut-off will be lower this year as they are offering twice as many places this year. If one gets a place and the other doesn't then we'll have to appeal but really don't know if we'd have much of a case.
For their self esteem etc that's such great news. Phew. Fingers crossed
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now