Kent results 2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sri_mv

Re: Kent results 2017

Post by Sri_mv »

salsa wrote:
Sri_mv wrote:My DS scored 334. OOC - currently in Bedfordshire. Looking to move to Dartford in November. School prefs are Dartford grammar and Wilmington Grammar. Is there a specific date by which we need to be in Dartford?
334 may be too low for Dartford as it has been 351 and 352 in the last two years. Make sure you're in catchment of Wilmington and Gravesend if you're moving.

Salsa
Thanks it is useful very info, never thought about cut-off for Dartford. Do you have any idea on cut-off for Wilmington and Gravesend?
salsa

Post by salsa »

Sri_mv wrote:
salsa wrote:
Sri_mv wrote:My DS scored 334. OOC - currently in Bedfordshire. Looking to move to Dartford in November. School prefs are Dartford grammar and Wilmington Grammar. Is there a specific date by which we need to be in Dartford?
334 may be too low for Dartford as it has been 351 and 352 in the last two years. Make sure you're in catchment of Wilmington and Gravesend if you're moving.

Salsa
Thanks it is useful very info, never thought about cut-off for Dartford. Do you have any idea on cut-off for Wilmington and Gravesend?
Wilmington has a few spaces for top scorers, 10% of their PAN. When I last checked there were 15 children (you'll have to review their current admissions policy), then they prioritise those living in certain Dartford parishes, so, if you move, make sure that you move to one of them. I believe that Gravesend also give priority to certain areas and then go by distance. So, in your case, don't worry about the score if you are going for either of those schools as what will matter is where you live. Here is a link to the admissions policies. You really need to make sure that you move to the right place.

https://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-c ... ary-201819" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gravesend have an open morning tomorrow 16th Oct.

Salsa
kunalj

Post by kunalj »

GoodDad2701 wrote:Hi, My DS got 396. He is an OOC student. Can anyone please tell me what are his chances for Judd School and what was the last child to get admission in Judd (can be third or fourth list etc?)
Last year first round cutoff was 400 for last OOC boy on allocation day. This may come down by couple of marks after once waiting list is cleared.
As each year, the cut off marks are different, I think 396 has fair chance of getting in.
harman

Post by harman »

Daughter got following scores. Live outside Kent catchment area. Need guidance what is best school to apply.

Maths = 137
English = 106
Reasoning = 141

Total score = 384
Last edited by harman on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SS2017

Post by SS2017 »

Hi Salsa,

Thanks very much for the information. We are also in the situation as my DS has scored 335. Other than Wilmington Boys and Gravesend Schools, is there any other schools in Kent where we have chances of getting a place if we move to catchment area please?
Beaconnewmum

Post by Beaconnewmum »

You will get into TWB with that score.
Sri_mv

Post by Sri_mv »

Beaconnewmum wrote:You will get into TWB with that score.
I wonder if your reply is for 384 score? As i think 334/335 for TWB may be too low. Please can you clarify?
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

TWGSB will take any boy who has a grammar school assessment, it is not dependent on score. What is does depend on is where that child lives. If they are in TW then they will have a place. Catchment usually goes out into Sussex and up to Sevenoaks area.
Sri_mv

Post by Sri_mv »

twellsmum wrote:TWGSB will take any boy who has a grammar school assessment, it is not dependent on score. What is does depend on is where that child lives. If they are in TW then they will have a place. Catchment usually goes out into Sussex and up to Sevenoaks area.
Any idea if appeal would work in case of 1 mark short on a subject?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now