Moving schools in borough

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
amfnc

Moving schools in borough

Post by amfnc »

We're planning to move house this year to be closer to DH's new job. As we start looking into possible areas, I just wondered if anyone knew what the procedure is for moving grammar schools. We're hoping that this isn't something we need to do, but just so I'm well informed, if we need to move a child from a current grammar school, am I right in thinking that as they have already passed the Kent 11 plus it would just be a case of putting the child onto a waitlist at the new chosen school(s) and going from there? Or is there a more complicated procedure?

Thanks
salsa

Re: Moving schools in borough

Post by salsa »

amfnc wrote:We're planning to move house this year to be closer to DH's new job. As we start looking into possible areas, I just wondered if anyone knew what the procedure is for moving grammar schools. We're hoping that this isn't something we need to do, but just so I'm well informed, if we need to move a child from a current grammar school, am I right in thinking that as they have already passed the Kent 11 plus it would just be a case of putting the child onto a waitlist at the new chosen school(s) and going from there? Or is there a more complicated procedure?

Thanks
Do contact the school in question. There was a boy in my son's year who left to live abroad for a year. When he came back, he had to take a series of tests and although he passed, he was not offered a place as the school was oversubscribed.

Salsa
doodles

Re: Moving schools in borough

Post by doodles »

You could also contact KCC the admissions team are very helpful.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now