Wilmington boys grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Traptitiwari01

Wilmington boys grammar

Post by Traptitiwari01 »

Is there any boy living more than 5 mile away and got into Wilmington boys grammar school? We live 5.5 miles away as straight distance. I was wondering if we have any chance.
gravesendgal

Re: Wilmington boys grammar

Post by gravesendgal »

I know someone that lives in Wrotham that has to be further than 5.5
lefol

Post by lefol »

Wilmington offers places to those within set parishes which is probably why the boy living in Wrotham got in . They accept boys from parishes which are further away than 5 mikes but you have to live within one of those parishes . They then allocate on distances and the last place offered for the September 2017 in take was roughly about 3.98 miles . A list of the published parishes are on their website . We were offered gravesend Grammar as we lived just outside the cut off distance for Wilmington . Gravesendgal gave me some very helpful advice when ds joined in September . He seems to have settled in really well and thriving well with all his subjects and managing the distance well .
gravesendgal

Post by gravesendgal »

Great to hear lefol! Going through it with my daughter now!
Happydayz

Post by Happydayz »

Does anyone know if all the boys from the named parishes were accepted last year? If my understanding is correct then the school cannot accept any ooc applicants before boys from the parishes?

Thanks
Traptitiwari01

Post by Traptitiwari01 »

Thanks for the info.

We live in Longfield, it is one of parish in Willimgton boys list. However it is 5.5 miles away. Do we have chance for Wilmington boys grammar school ? advice please
Traptitiwari01

Post by Traptitiwari01 »

Hi gravesendgal,

which year boy from wrothom got place in Wilmington boys grammar school ?
lefol

Post by lefol »

The parishes take priority and as such you have a good chance if you live in Longfield. Is Gravesend not closer to Longfield? I do know there is a coach Service that runs to
And from Longfield so you should be fine with transport .The Admissions officer Mrs Owen is very helpful and would suggest you give her a ring if you have any queries.
lefol

Post by lefol »

Well done to your daughter Gravesendgal. You have a lot of options open to you if she passed Kent and Medway . Mayfield and Rochester being very popular choices .
gravesendgal

Post by gravesendgal »

Hi he’s in year 9 now....

Thanks lefol, we saw RGS today, I think she’s sold
On that but will be seeing Dartford and Mayfield as well....