Wilmington boys grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Juneboy

Re: Wilmington boys grammar

Post by Juneboy »

Yes that’s what the school also said to me. Slim chance for OOC boys as local boys didn’t get a place.
Uncle Buck

Post by Uncle Buck »

Thanks SashaK & Juneboy for posting replies - much appreciated. I've sent an email to the school but have not heard back yet. We are 2.5miles but OOC, normally an okish distance.
Uncle Buck
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Wilmington Boys also have a sibling priority - this is reciprocal with the girls school. In Sept 2015 Wilmington Girls had a bulge class and so last year and this year I am told are being particularly hard hit with sibling places. I don’t know how true it is but it makes sense if even parish located children are not getting places.
kimshannen

Post by kimshannen »

My son was one of the lucky one as I have a daughter at WGSG. Because of siblings being second priority I always knew he'd get this place. I am OOC and 4 children from his school have security place one for the girls three for the boys
Uncle Buck

Post by Uncle Buck »

Thanks for posting kimshanneen the info is real helpful for all concerned. I'm guessing the 'trading places' will start soon after the acceptance deadline.
If anyone gets lucky on OOC (without a sibling) it would be great if they could post - gives everyone an idea of reality & would also be good for those in academic year groups behind us!
Thanks
Buck
debika

Post by debika »

Orpington, Petts Wood, Bickley are classed as OCC? So many school coaches from there and in future years this year - they are out of catchment?
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

The coaches cater for those that have got in in previous years, the current Y9 at Wilmington girls had a bulge class and a good number of Petts Wood girls got in as a result. Before that it did seem to come out to Petts Wood regularly but the outstanding rating, some changes in admissions and that seems to have changed. I don’t know any without siblings who got in in the last two years but that is the girls school. Their younger siblings may also end up attending. The coach also serves the Dartford grammar schools which have a specific allocation for OOC.
theonly1

Post by theonly1 »

I know boys from Thamesmead that attend WGSB.
Juneboy

Post by Juneboy »

theonly1 wrote:I know boys from Thamesmead that attend WGSB.
Yes but this year is not the same as past years. This year was harder for OOC boys to get in.
PeppermintCreams

Post by PeppermintCreams »

Does anyone know far Wilmington Boys went out this year?