OOC OPtions for Surrey residents in Kent

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
worriesofmum

OOC OPtions for Surrey residents in Kent

Post by worriesofmum »

Hi

My daughter scored 392 in Kent exam and we live in Surrey.

Can anyone suggest which schools we can apply wherein our chances of getting her in school are high.

:shock:
LocalTWmum1

Re: OOC OPtions for Surrey residents in Kent

Post by LocalTWmum1 »

worriesofmum wrote:Hi

Can anyone suggest which schools we can apply wherein our chances of getting her in school are high.

I don't mean to sound rude but you can check all this online via KCC within their admissions criteria documentation. The link has been posted here numerous times. You would SURELY have checked which schools your daughter would have perhaps been eligible for, before she took the Kent Test?

https://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-c ... ary-201819" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
worriesofmum

Post by worriesofmum »

LocalTWmum1 wrote:
worriesofmum wrote:Hi

I don't mean to sound rude but you can check all this online via KCC within their admissions criteria documentation. The link has been posted here numerous times. You would SURELY have checked which schools your daughter would have perhaps been eligible for, before she took the Kent Test?

https://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-c ... ary-201819" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hi

Yes I had a look at the admissions criteria but so confused as called up Tunbridge Wells and they said the maximum they go OOC is by 2 miles.

I am only aware of Dartford School or Tonbridge for Girls. Other areas not sure....
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

There is a fair bit about the GS + links to the schools websites etc here https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... nt-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i don't know Kent or Surrey very well so can't really work out which ones would be nearer to you. Often schools who offer on distance can only offer out to a few miles, there are some who offer on score like TOGS so you may need to have a look at that.

Bit of a discussion about possible scores here : https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... gs#p639247" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Are you thinking of moving? Or are you planning to commute from Surrey?

If the latter, whereabouts in Surrey are you? Are any GS in Kent accessible from your home?

Kent is a large county - it would help us (and you) if you could narrow it down a bit more.
worriesofmum

Post by worriesofmum »

streathammum wrote:Are you thinking of moving? Or are you planning to commute from Surrey?

If the latter, whereabouts in Surrey are you? Are any GS in Kent accessible from your home?

Kent is a large county - it would help us (and you) if you could narrow it down a bit more.

I am thinking of moving but not until next summer since want DD to finish Year 6 in the current school. Hubby works in Guildford area so would move to area where he can reach within 1.5 hours of drive.....
doodles

Post by doodles »

As well as reading the admissions criteria for the schools very carefully and perhaps calling them to ascertain previous year's distances and scores I would seriously recommend that your husband does the "commute" at the right time of day just to see if he thinks it's feasible.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

You will not get into TWGGS if you do not live in Kent, even if you only live three miles down the road in East Sussex. Best bet to try is Tonbridge but depending where you are in Surrey, it will be a long journey.
kingreader

Post by kingreader »

Twggs does have 14 places reserved for children based purely on score, regardless of location. You may have a chance there.
Angelkitten72

Post by Angelkitten72 »

kingreader wrote:Twggs does have 14 places reserved for children based purely on score, regardless of location. You may have a chance there.
This isn’t entirely true - the governor places are not regardless of location. You still have to live within the catchment areas mentioned in the admissions criteria. Mainly Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks and surrounding villages (in Kent.)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now