kingreader

Re: OOC OPtions for Surrey residents in Kent

Post by kingreader »

Sorry, i misread it - you're absolutely right
worriesofmum

Post by worriesofmum »

Angelkitten72 wrote:
kingreader wrote:Twggs does have 14 places reserved for children based purely on score, regardless of location. You may have a chance there.
This isn’t entirely true - the governor places are not regardless of location. You still have to live within the catchment areas mentioned in the admissions criteria. Mainly Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks and surrounding villages (in Kent.)

Truely said.... after seeing this years kent scores there are loads scoring above 394... so i guess it would be the waiting list ....
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

It is not regardless of location for TWGGS. They will not give a place to any girl living outside of Kent, even to the extent of having changed their admissions criteria fairly recently so that if a girl lives in TW, gets a place then moves to Sussex, any sisters will not get a place under the sibling rule. From memory, the admissions criteria give preference to girls in the Edenbridge/Westerham/Sevenoaks area for governors' places.
worriesofmum

Post by worriesofmum »

I meant Waiting list for Tonbridge not TWGS
sony

Post by sony »

I live in Guildford surrey too my DS has made through kent . We are in same boat to decide what to do next . For us we have to move in to catchment to get the best possible school for my ds. Good luck
worriesofmum

Post by worriesofmum »

sony wrote:I live in Guildford surrey too my DS has made through kent . We are in same boat to decide what to do next . For us we have to move in to catchment to get the best possible school for my ds. Good luck
Yes thats true.
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

I don't know where you live in Surrey WorriesofMum. If you live fairly close to the border you may get WOK as new forms have opened up with the opening of the Sevenoaks Annexe. The school should be able to tell you how far out they went this year.

I do agree with Doodles that your husband needs to try out the commute - if he is thinking of driving the M25 is not great going West in the morning unless he wants to leave very very early. There is no direct train link that I'm aware of.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Sitting on the M25 at 6:00 this morning, albeit going the other way towards the Dartford Crossing, it was nose to tail because of an incident. My initial reaction to the sea of red lights ahead of me was "I'm glad I don't do this everyday" and I'm afraid that "incidents are all too common.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
worriesofmum

Post by worriesofmum »

Twinkle wrote:I don't know where you live in Surrey WorriesofMum. If you live fairly close to the border you may get WOK as new forms have opened up with the opening of the Sevenoaks Annexe. The school should be able to tell you how far out they went this year.

I do agree with Doodles that your husband needs to try out the commute - if he is thinking of driving the M25 is not great going West in the morning unless he wants to leave very very early. There is no direct train link that I'm aware of.

I live near Guildford and if given the school thinking of either moving to Sevenoaks(direct train to Tonbridge) or Redhill as Redhill has direct train to Tonbridge school and has connections for Guildford too for hubby.
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

If your DH or your DD are going to rely on the rail line that runs between Guildford, Redhill and Tonbridge do think about the impact of the industrial action which I think is still ongoing. How would your daughter get to school or your husband to work if the train drivers are continuing to regularly take strike action as has been the case for months ? Do you have back up travel plans?

There are good rail and bus links between Sevenoaks and Tonbridge. However getting to Guildford could be a long and expensive haul by train and traffic on the M25 will not make for an easy commute by car.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now