Wilmington Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bexley01

Wilmington Girls

Post by Bexley01 »

I am trying to find out how many appeals there were over last few years for Wilmington Girls and how many were successful and how many from those Appeals managed to get in. I can't seem to find this info anywhere. Been googling for ages!
FortyNinePence

Re: Wilmington Girls

Post by FortyNinePence »

122 appeals last year, 10 successful.

Feel free to PM me for more information about last year.
Clawhit

Post by Clawhit »

2014 admission oversubscribed for first time for several years. Initial cut-off 6.3 miles. Still oversubscribed for admission in 2015 in spite of increasing PAN by 30 to 150, turning away 20 grammar qualified first choices. Just 7 out of 79 appeals upheld for 2015. For 2016 admission 34 qualified first choices oversubscribed. Just 14 out of 96 appeals heard upheld. Provisional GCSE 2016: Progress 8 - +0.20, above national average; Attainment 8 - 66.5.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Bexley01 wrote:I am trying to find out how many appeals there were over last few years for Wilmington Girls and how many were successful and how many from those Appeals managed to get in. I can't seem to find this info anywhere. Been googling for ages!
The decision of the IAP is legally binding - if the panel upholds an appeal, the child has a place at the school, full stop. The only reason they wouldn't actually take up the place would be a reason personal to the child or their parents (waiting list offer or successful appeal at a school they preferred being two possibilities); the school cannot refuse to take them.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Bexley01

Post by Bexley01 »

Thankyou so much for your replies.
So all the 10 successful appeals were offered a place last year? Their appeal could have been on non qualification or out any of catchment area?
What I am trying to find out is if you are not offered a place due to distance but have passed, would someone that appealed on non qualification but lived nearer be offered?
Hope that makes sense!
FortyNinePence

Post by FortyNinePence »

Bexley01 wrote:Thankyou so much for your replies.
So all the 10 successful appeals were offered a place last year? Their appeal could have been on non qualification or out any of catchment area?
What I am trying to find out is if you are not offered a place due to distance but have passed, would someone that appealed on non qualification but lived nearer be offered?
Hope that makes sense!
I have sent you a PM about this
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Bexley01 wrote:Thankyou so much for your replies.
Hope that makes sense!
The Admissions Appeals Code does not permit the IAP to consider waiting list positions when hearing an appeal.

Waiting lists
3.22 Paragraph 2.14 of the School Admissions Code requires admission authorities to
maintain waiting lists for oversubscribed schools. Appeal panels must not take account of
where the admission authority has placed a child on the waiting list, or of the fact that appeals
have not been made in respect of other children on the waiting list. Appeal panels must not
make any decision relating to the placement of a child on a waiting list.

(The bolded bits in the Admissions Code and the Admissions Appeals Code mean that that action is mandatory).

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... peals-code
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now