Out of county admissions what is the cut off

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
surrehman

Out of county admissions what is the cut off

Post by surrehman »

Hi,
Other than top 2-3 schools in Kent, does someone have data for lowest 11 plus score pupil getting admission in Kent grammar school last year? Son's score is 342 trying to figure out which schools we should add in preferences for local authority application for secondary schools.
Also invigilator wrote on his paper that he was feeling sick on the day (kids are kids), does that give hope for appeals if he does not get offered place in Dartford or Judd grammar schools?
Sparklecat

Re: Out of county admissions what is the cut off

Post by Sparklecat »

Did you get a doctor's note? Kent is a big county. There are lots of grammar schools, each with their own admission rules. Which schools could your son reasonably travel to every day?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

https://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-c ... ria-201819

Most of them seem to be more into pass then place of residence, sibling link etc. Didn't you think of looking at admissions policies before putting your DS in for the Kent Test? Not everyone is going to get a superselective score. If you have to move to Kent anyway, it would be an idea to look at the admissions criteria for the non-selective schools in the areas you are considering moving to, as a back up.

Which school(s) did your DS prefer when he attended the open evenings?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

The lowest OOC score offered for Judd last year was officially 400; I've read on here of a couple getting in on appeal with 397. From 342 would be an awful lot of ground?
surrehman

Post by surrehman »

Thanks he liked Dortford grammar and he is capable of getting around 400 score but wasted time due feeling sick and was not given extra time to finish off. Is there any grammar school with lower cutoff score, I know JUDD is too most one but there are 32 schools in Kent?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

surrehman wrote:Thanks he liked Dortford grammar and he is capable of getting around 400 score but wasted time due feeling sick and was not given extra time to finish off. Is there any grammar school with lower cutoff score, I know JUDD is too most one but there are 32 schools in Kent?
But if you read the admissions policies for the 32 schools - as you appear to expect others to have done? - you will be able to find the ones where score, as opposed to a pass in conjunction with other criteria, is relevant.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
surrehman

Post by surrehman »

@Sparklecat He felt sick during the test so no Doctor's involvement there but invigilator who looked after him did put a note on his paper saying that he felt poorly during test.
Beaconnewmum

Post by Beaconnewmum »

Your best bet is TWBS given I expect you live closest to West Kent - but I am not going to trawl through the admissions criteria for you - I expect you will have already done this anyway?
doodles

Post by doodles »

Kent is a big county with GS all over it and travelling from one end to the other to school everyday is just not feasible. So if you could give a big more information that would help, what general area do you live in is probably the most important place to start.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
surrehman

Post by surrehman »

We are flexible need to rent near Dartford or any place with train connection to central London.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now