Daughter with the post 11+ blues!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Scorpio2111

Daughter with the post 11+ blues!!!

Post by Scorpio2111 »

Has anyone else experiencing this at the moment?
Since taking the 11+ my daughter has lost a bit of sparkle. She felt quite confident after taking the test, 2 days later she was in tears because she was worried that she didn't do well. Now she is quite moody and irritable and can't seem to get to sleep before gone 11pm every night. I know she is worried in case she hasn't passed. 3rd March is such a long way off. What with the hormones etc, this is not a nice time is it?
Headache

Post by Headache »

Hi I noticed that you had over 150 views and no replies so I thought I would. My daughter has cried almost everyday for the last 10 days. I put it down to hormones but you could be right - it could be 11+ blues!!!! Poor kids, they have to go through enough in life without all this testing at such a young age. Hope your daughter feeling better soon. :) :)
Scorpio2111

Post by Scorpio2111 »

Headache - Thanks for replying, yes I saw that I had had a lot of views but no repsonses so thank you for yours. I thought it may be hormones, and I expect part of it is, she was 10 last August so I suppose it has to start sometime. But I think it is the worry of not passing the 11+. I think the 2 month wait is just too long, especially as the school knows the results now. Thanks again
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Scorpio - I wonder if another child said something to your daughter like 'how did you answer this question?' or 'did you finish all the questions in time'.
If this is the case an innocent remark which could very well be wrong anyway could be playing on your daughter's mind changing the way she feels about the test. If she was confident straight after, maybe something has been said to her to change her attitude.
I may be way off here anyway but its worth an ask. If she gets it off her chest she may well feel better. :)
Scorpio2111

Post by Scorpio2111 »

Thanks for your suggestion Medway Mum. I asked my daughter but she said that there wasn't anything said etc that made her feel the way she does. I have been trying to remember times when I have been in a similar situation, like an interview. You think you did ok at the time and then a couple of days later you think about things that you could or should have answered differently. She seems a little better today but she has not been that well the last couple of days with a cold etc so maybe she is just run down. She was in a show weekend before last which meant as soon as the 11+ was finished she was in rehearsals every night for a week and then the show Friday and Saturday night so I reckon she is run down and what with the hormones!!!!!! :?

Thanks again
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

I think you are probably right Scorpio- girls can be very moody! My 11 year old is anyway!!
Good luck. :)
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

wait til they are 19
:shock:
mind you ,they have moved out by then

:lol:
Scorpio2111

Post by Scorpio2111 »

Yes yoyo, I can't wait!! If she's anything like me when I was a teenager then I am going to have my work cut out for me. And yes, I moved out when I was 19.
I have been teacher dodging this week because I work in my daughters year group at her school and I know the results came in last Thursday. They all know that I don't want to know how she did until she opens the envelope on 4th March. She is going away with the school for a few days and comes back on 3rd March and she wants to open the envelope herself when she comes home. It is hard going when you work in the same school.