Thread to work out score/ distance cut offs 1 March 2018

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Teddyschool

Re: Thread to work out score/ distance cut offs 1 March 2018

Post by Teddyschool »

The twggs governor place cut off was 359 if that helps anyone. I know that to be true.
sumsum

Post by sumsum »

KCC told me that Dartford GS cut off for outer of county was 384 in the first round.
But I cannot understand how my friend's son, who lives in Welling was offered a place with only 381 and my nephew, who have the same score (lives in Sidcup ) didn't get it.
A bit confused now :?

Could anyone please explain for me how the scores for OOC works.!!!

As far as I understood that places for OOC are allocated on scores and not distance.
So why did they accepted him with this lower score(381) and refused the other boys, who also lives in the same area and have the same results or a bit higher (383).
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

sumsum wrote:KCC told me that Dartford GS cut off for outer of county was 384 in the first round.
But I cannot understand how my friend's son, who lives in Welling was offered a place with only 381 and my nephew, who have the same score (lives in Sidcup ) didn't get it.
A bit confused now :?

Could anyone please explain for me how the scores for OOC works.!!!

As far as I understood that places for OOC are allocated on scores and not distance.
So why did they accepted him with this lower score(381) and refused the other boys, who also lives in the same area and have the same results or a bit higher (383).
Is there any possibility that the other boy falls into this category, which takes precedence over either 'residence' categories

1. Children in Local Authority Care – a child for whom the Local Authority provides accommodation
by agreement with their parents/carers (Section 22 of the Children Act 1989) or who is the subject of a care order under Part IV of the Act. This applies equally to children who, immediately after being looked after by the local authority, became subject to an adoption, residence or special guardianship order (as defined by Section 46 of the Adoption and Children Act 2002 or
Section 8 or 14A of the Children Act 1989).
Last edited by ToadMum on Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
salsa

Post by salsa »

I know someone who was adopted as a baby and she falls into this category. She had priority when she chose her secondary school. I was surprised as I thought that this would be aplicable if you had recently been adopted or in foster care.
Salsa
sumsum

Post by sumsum »

Hi ToadMum,
Thank you a lot but this is unfortunately not the case.
salsa

Post by salsa »

I’m assuming you’re talking about this year’s allocations? For the school year beginning in September 2018?

Salsa
mystery

Post by mystery »

Perhas the other child was adopted or is currently the subject of a care order?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

mystery wrote:Perhas the other child was adopted or is currently the subject of a care order?
I did suggest that, in an indirect way, by posting the relevant oversubscription category - but apparently not.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
salsa

Post by salsa »

There must be an explanation. Have you asked your friend? Although, if I were them I wouldn’t be rocking the boat in case someone made a mistake! I guess at this stage it would be KCC as the school will get the waiting list after the second round in April.

Salsa
mystery

Post by mystery »

Yes - some possibilities are - kcc told you the wrong cut off, the kcc border is not where you think it is, parents have told you the wrong score, a parent has mistakenly told you they had an offer but thy haven't
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now